Can't access IB anyone else having probs?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by empee, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Bob111

Bob111

i just relogin couple hours later and everything is fine.didn't touch directories or settings.

#11     Oct 31, 2007
  2. Haven't been able to log in for hours without using a new directory as mentioned above.

Yet IB doesn't call this an outage? Give me a break.

If you're still logged into TWS I'd recommend not logging out if at all possible.

#12     Oct 31, 2007
  3. I was disconnected right after the Fed announcement. After a LONG log in process, I received no quotes, headings, etc. Left for a while, just now logging back in worked well enough, but no quotes....and the heading where you access account, trades, etc is gone. Any work out for this? Better yet, is IB working on this?

OldTrader

#13     Oct 31, 2007
  4. Smart move... I didn't have any problems with IB today...

I guess there is a reason IB wants you to have a 2nd account.

You never what is going to happen...

The only problem is, if you don't know what your position is with
    IB, the other broker won't be much help...:(

#14     Oct 31, 2007
  5. I was fine all day, even through the fed. Now I installed some windows updates and had to reboot and can't connect anymore. I hope it's back by tomorrow.

#15     Oct 31, 2007
  6. Bruce ZX

Bruce ZX

I am having the same problem. All the menu is gone and all quotes are dead. Cannot do nothing with it. The problem is on Build 877. The lastest 878 is fine.

But there is one thing with Build 878 that really scares me. I cannot set the stop orders to be triggered during RTH only. All the stop orders are set to be triggered between 4AM-8PM automaticly and cannot be changed. Am I missing something?

#16     Oct 31, 2007
  7. Canadians don't have much of a choice.

Just walked in the door and tried to check my positions. Nothing, no menu across the top of TWS, no positions showing. Clicked Browse to choose a different directory and login dialog box hung. Any updates from CS?

#17     Oct 31, 2007
  8. delete TWS and reinstall the latest version(878.5). Worked for me.

#18     Oct 31, 2007
  9. Bruce ZX

Bruce ZX

OK, Just upgraded TWS to 878 and downgraded it to 877 back and forth a few times. 877 was always bad and 878 was good.

It is obvious that something is wrong between the old version TWS and IB servers.

#19     Oct 31, 2007
  10. will try, thanks.

So you manually uninstalled previous version? You didn't install over top, right?

#20     Oct 31, 2007