Canslim

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Baruch, Dec 25, 2003.

1. DB

true, and that is in fact my trading technique. I however, do indeed agree with most of the CANSLIM methods and was sharing my feelings about CANSLIM with the forum.

That is what makes trading great, like in the Market Wizards books, each successful trader will find his own method that he is comfortable with.

see ya

#41     Dec 28, 2003
  2. Thanks for the charts. Do you have more?

#42     Dec 28, 2003
  3. #43     Dec 28, 2003
  4. I the first Market Wizards there are interviews about CANSLIM with William O'Neil and his follower, David Ryan.
    Ryan says: "I learned that most of our greatest winning recommendations started off with prices under thirty times earnings. O'Neil says the P/E ratio is not important. I think it is, in that your sucess ratio is a lot higher on lower P/E ratio stocks".

#44     Dec 28, 2003
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Loads more. Im just getting ready to leave for another Xmas get together. If there is interest I can post a few more when I return.

brandon

#45     Dec 28, 2003
  6. Would love to see some of your entry and exits if you don't mind.

#46     Dec 28, 2003
  7. Yes, we will love to see some more charts, when your back.

#47     Dec 28, 2003
  8. tiocsti

tiocsti

I use point and figure charts. A buy signal followed by a 3 box reversal. The following charts illustrate this pattern:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note that the M part of my system is indicating a position in cash, so I would not be taking these trades. Also note that I use P&F for entry, but not for exits -- I use chandelier exits and profit targets for exits.

#48     Dec 28, 2003
  9. Great discussion. I have just recently come across the IBD100 and canslim. This thread had a lot of great insights that still apply today. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

#49     Oct 16, 2005