Canslim Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by canslimer, Sep 14, 2011.

1. #12     Sep 20, 2011
  2. #13     Sep 21, 2011
  3. Markets dropped like a rock yesterday and it looks like they want to go lower. Beginning of the day was quiet with low volume and few up and down intraday swings. But evening´s FED changed everything. After the meeting we were down more than 3% in SPY for the day.

Current market is a perfect example of how fast the situation on markets can change. One week we are making strong positive accumulation days and another we are facing the major support area and the danger of great down move. You have to look at the charts everyday to be still prepared to manage your portfolio.
    http://obchodovanie.com/articles/77-september-21-2011

#14     Sep 22, 2011
  4. As far as this goes, canslim doesn't advocate any earnings above 35 or 30 or somewhere around there. PCLN's PE ratio is 36.41 at $514.61, so your entry of $550 per share <b>is terrible.</b>

AAPL is one you can hold onto, sure, but you don't need to be placing your orders at the highs. That's definitely not what I took away from <u>How to make Money in Stocks</u>. While he does say that it is usually the best time to invest when it just started making new highs you're talking about getting long at lower highs, which will never work. I see another trade in here where the stock's at like 27 and you're talking about buying at 29? That makes no sense. If you've already done your canslim you can at least already tell that you'll be investing in it, so there is zero advantage in waiting to enter, especially at higher prices! That's ridiculous!

Disclosure: I own AAPL.

#16     Sep 24, 2011
  5. ? What are you talking about ? I am updating every trades on twitter account real time. I get out from PCLN at 541 and from AAPL at break even 400. I do not care about P/E it is worthless. Buying at the new highs is crucial because there the most of the action happens. Short sellers getting out at stop losses and new buyers buying above resistance and push prices higher. I am not an investor . I am long term trader/trend follower so you will always disagree with me and with my trades. I do not know how to pick bottoms or how to make good value investing decision. I am not able to see any of my stock pick lower than 8%.
    So every pick what I made you do not like it but its my way of trading and I do not know how to make money in markets other ways. If you are interesting please stay in touch with me maybe you will find something usefull.
    Have a nice day and good trading/investing to you buddy

#17     Sep 25, 2011
  6. http://obchodovanie.com/articles/86-september-28th-2011
    SEPTEMBER 28th 2011

DO NOT BE BULLISH, MARKETS REMAIN FOOLISH
    After yesterday´s strong up move people could be expecting a beginning of a bull rally or at least a few days of higher closes. Today comes a cold shower for these believers and markets made sharp down move. I am more than sure that tomorrow we will see much lower prices of the major indexes.

#18     Sep 28, 2011
  7. It rhymes, better than:

Surf Alert! Surf Alert!

#19     Sep 28, 2011
  8. You might want to give "How to Make Money in Stocks" another read before you continue further telling people what WO'N says.

#20     Sep 28, 2011