CANSLIM stocks to watch for Feb 19, 2003

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by trend_guy, Feb 19, 2003.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I believe so.

--Db

#11     Feb 19, 2003
  2. There are scans in QuotesPlus2 that can accomplish about the same. QP2 is about $30 a month.

#12     Feb 19, 2003
  3. kowboy

kowboy

Thanks DBPhoenix,

I just talked to AAII, both products already have the CANSLIM method preprogrammed in and the user has the ability to change the criteria. Stock Investor Pro is a monthly update for $198 per year, the other is $99 per year with quarterly updates.

#13     Feb 19, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

No prob. Hope it's of value to you.

--Db

#14     Feb 19, 2003
  5. #15     Feb 19, 2003
  6. Talking about websites, there are others too that do the same thing, but don't have their URLs handy at this moment.

#16     Feb 19, 2003
  7. ibd has listed of stocks at the end of the week that can be used to start a tracking list. also, there are charts in the second 1/2 of the paper each day.

seems to me that just starting with stocks breaking out to new 52-week highs (in this market) with higher than average volume would be a great place to start to look for longs.

just a thought

#18     Feb 19, 2003
  8. Zuizo

Zuizo

#19     Feb 19, 2003
  9. Kowboy,

IBD does offer scanning/screening software. Part of the Daily graphs package. Cost is about $100/month or $1000 for the year... works well.

Look for the three stocks you mentioned to base again and then break out with the market again... if the market decides to follow-through! Stocks that have a high Relative Strength rating in a bear market usually make for nice uptrends during bull markets.

IBD's "The Weekly Review" is a great place to start looking for good breakout candidates... it is printed every Friday in IBD's weekend edition.

#20     Feb 25, 2003