CANSLIM - Highly profitable trading strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by canslimer, Sep 11, 2011.

1. You know I do not know what will happen. I am very affraid of this market enviroment and how major indexes looks like, but when I am comparing the situation with late 2007-2008 I see a little bit different picture in leading stocks...

In the late 2007 there was very few if any stocks making new highs or breaking out of sound bases but today you can see a few leaders which hold nice during this volatile selloffs. Look at AAPL HANS QCOR PCLN .... there is maybe 10 stocks with heavy institutional sponsorship which do not looks like they want to go lower...

Anyway this bear flag is very scarry for me and I want to see acumulate some shares by institutions( accumulation days) to start thinking about bull market and the end of the correction. So far I see only distribution days and heavy selling....

P.S.: Euro/Usd opened lower for around 80 pips this may mean something....

#11     Sep 11, 2011
  2. Eight

Eight

I'm not a canslimer but I've read up on it, years ago, and I liked it.. I sort of remember that I thought that maybe the research was done on a subset of years that didn't necessarily represent the bigger picture, can recall very little of what I thought actually... The nice thing about Canslimers is that they have a plan, they have reasons for their actions and they include even a little TA.

I'm more with the TA, if you have any specific questions about any chart imaginable, I'd be happy to venture some analysis. It should be fun to see how the TA plays out :)

#13     Sep 14, 2011
  3. #15     Sep 20, 2011
  4. When someone is bearish you are not 100% cash you are actually short.

#16     Sep 20, 2011
  5. Really ??? I mean it as my "bearish" view of the overall market not as a possition. I am sorry if I incorretly wrote it. Sorry for my English...:(

#17     Sep 20, 2011
  6. PCLN breakingout I am already in. I hold aapl and pcln ...

#18     Sep 20, 2011
  7. Markets dropped like a rock yesterday and it looks like they want to go lower. Beginning of the day was quiet with low volume and few up and down intraday swings. But evening´s FED changed everything. After the meeting we were down more than 3% in SPY for the day.

Current market is a perfect example of how fast the situation on markets can change. One week we are making strong positive accumulation days and another we are facing the major support area and the danger of great down move. You have to look at the charts everyday to be still prepared to manage your portfolio.
    http://obchodovanie.com/articles/77-september-21-2011

#20     Sep 22, 2011