CANSLIM doesn't work ?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Kicking, Nov 23, 2006.

1. DAC I fly without stops. Crazy I know, but after you've had a biotech or two dip under a certain price for a moment only to get bought out the next day you don't do that anymore. Besides my losers tend to be cataclysmic- stops won't work in fact they just guarantee you get out at the low. In a bull market with the IBD 100 I'm sure you can make money, but it's heard mentality stuff, my thinking really freed up and I started to be in stocks BEFORE they went up when I stopped relying on IBD.

#21     Nov 27, 2006
  2. dac8555

dac8555

if your losers tend to be cataclysmic...it strengthens th case for stops right?

yes the IDB stuff iS based on heard mentality and identifying comapnies that may be attractive to institutions and could attract lots of volume in the future...that si why i like it....becuse that is what moves markets.

I am going to scan the IDB 100 today and see what has acted well as a matter of fact.

#22     Nov 28, 2006
  3. Just the opposite DAC when you zoom past a stop and open much lower say on a FDA rejection you don't get filled at your stop out. You have to know your stocks how they trade what looks out of the ordinary etc.
    Running to IBD 100 today be my guest come back on and highlight what your buy would be and why.

#23     Nov 28, 2006