canned for fingering bush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by niceneasy, Nov 2, 2006.

1. i will give 10 to one odds she is on leno or letterman or some night show before the election...will probably write a book and get rich

2. Arnie

Arnie

Did you read your own post?

Bus driver fired for obscene gesture to Bush
    Associated Press

Seattle — A school bus driver fired after she reportedly made an obscene gesture at U.S. President George W. Bush has filed a union grievance in an attempt to get her job back.

The 43-year-old driver, whose name was not released, was driving middle school children back to school after a zoo visit on June 16 when the president and Republican Representative Dave Reichert drove slowly by in a motorcade.

From the bus, the children waved; with the windows down in their car, Mr. Bush and Mr. Reichert waved back.

That's when the driver gave the president the finger, according to Mr. Reichert and Issaquah superintendent Janet Barry.

“The congressman hadn't seen it, but the president turned to him and said, ‘That one's not a fan,”' said Reichert spokeswoman Kimberly Cadena.

Mr. Reichert later called Ms. Barry to tell her about the incident, but the bus driver had already been fired. District officials learned about the incident after the driver boasted to colleagues about it, Ms. Cadena said.

District spokeswoman Sara Niegowski said the driver has filed a wrongful termination grievance through the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees. The union did not return calls seeking comment.

Ms. Niegowski said the firing was not politically motivated.

“The bus driver was not terminated for making an obscene gesture at the president. The bus driver was terminated for making an obscene gesture in view of the students,” Ms. Niegowski said. “That's not the role modelling we need for our students.”

3. i read it and if you hold up your index, middle and ring finger - i am reading between the lines. what school kid would be surprised/damaged.shocked by a finger ??between rainbow partiers, guns and crystal meth - whats a little finger here and there...

4. The only surprise is that the kids were waving, not mooning.

5. not at all. that is about one of the only good things left in america.. you have the right to express your opinion be it with words or hand gestures. i think this is way offside.. i also, admittedly, hate bush and think he is a lunatic... you think she should have been fired?

6. Yes I do. If my kid was on that school bus and I got wind that the driver had made a non work related obscene gesture (I could understand if it was road rage) I'd be VERY pissed. Let alone flipping off the President of the United States. I'm sure she can find an equally crappy job OTHER than being in the charge of young children.......

7. lmao the guy should have been given a promotion for showin' the children what the cunt of cunts deserves...ror, the president of the usa, like if he is a respectable fella, hes nothin' but a retard sadistic arsehole. i still hope he dies soon by the way.

8. Your kids would be hearing you swearing like a sailor...but you would be afraid of a bus driver giving someone the bird?

ROTFLMAO...

#10     Nov 2, 2006