Cannabis - A Wonder Drug?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by aeliodon, Oct 5, 2008.

1. auspiv

auspiv

what if somebody just likes to get high? and yet they're perfectly functional when they're sober? for many people, it is just a fun thing to do every once in a while; a way to "get drunk," but with what could be considered a safer drug, not a way to "cope with reality."

#11     Oct 5, 2008
  2. Thanks for another intelligent post on the subject matter.

It's about time somone started stating the truth.

#12     Oct 5, 2008
  3. LOL

I bet Wall Street is a lot more strung out on drugs (refeer and coke) than any other group or industry combined ...

LOL some more.
    :) :eek:

#13     Oct 5, 2008
  4. pneuma

pneuma

I heard that hemp was taking on cotton as a major fibre, they demonised the THC and social use and made hemp illegal to protect the cotton industry.

pneuma

#14     Oct 5, 2008
  5. caroy

caroy

I second your thoughts. I did however finish a book lately called "Sway" the power of irrational thinking. The book mentions that the same center of the brain that lights up with cocaine use lights up when one makes money.

I wonder what the tie in is then with trading. Is trading itself like a drug? I'm not arguing that good moral traders have the same chemical make-up as someone on drugs but this is certainly an interesting topic.

#15     Oct 5, 2008
  6. Agreed.

Caffeine is a drug for pussies who can't cope with too little sleep.

Aspirin is a drug for pussies who can't cope with a little physical pain.

Beta blockers are a drug for pussies who can't cope with an audience.

Pepto is a drug for pussies who can't cope with a little clogged plumbing.

#16     Oct 5, 2008
  7. Making weed legal would really have no affect on the potential and present addicts of the world. People who abuse drugs abuse drugs. If weed was made legal it wouldn't create a huge mass of people abusing drugs. Why you ask? The reason is because the perentage of alcoholics during the prohibition did not decrease before or after. Addicts choose to abuse whether it is illegal or not.

#17     Oct 5, 2008
  8. to much of anything is not good, and with mind altering substances, _ including alcohol, they can progress to issues that are very unfortunate,, as for related to trading, there are many traders that use, just due to the percentages of odds, but i also know that there are ones that use for specifically relating the use to trading, usually in the moderate usage anti anxiety medication in the Hypnotics and Sedatives category, i think you will also find that a great deal of traders have drinking issues that they are not aware of, a cocktail or two or three or... after close to relax.

#18     Oct 5, 2008
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I have read a lot of research which suggests that a person's brain chemestry is forever altered by drug use, which I believe based upon an experience with my cousin. We where at my gramma's and he'd gone into the bathroom, and had been there a long time so I went to check on him. When I walked in he had a needle full of drugs and was crying, I asked him why he was crying and he said he did not want to be a junkie..then he injected the meth.

#19     Oct 5, 2008
  10. and its not that easy for someone to face life as it is, once trapped in the usage of a substance for so many years, that becomes what they are use to , and life does seem fearful. sad but true.

#20     Oct 5, 2008