Candlesticks Experience

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by toc, Jul 30, 2005.

1. toc

toc

Can anyone tell their experience or observation of Candlesticks analysis in any type of trading, day position etc. Learning CS would be a shot in the arm even by 20% or just another technique that looks good once the action has already taken place. Cheers!

2. What do you mean?

Anyway, learn candlestick, it's not too hard and you will automatically benefit from them. I just finished a 14,000 word project on a ten year sample of MSFT share price analysed by 18 different 2 day candlestick patterns. Maybe I'l put it up here later, but for now, take my word for it that the candlestick pattern is one of the best indicators when compared with the amount of time you have to invest to learn.

3. toc

toc

How long before you get a good hang of it. Once can read all stuff in a week but real learning is looking at the real charts..........guess again a vague question, it depends on person one can look up 100 charts a day and other will do just 10.

4. da-net

da-net

Who do you think is more knowledgeable and shares the knowledge of candlesticks best between Steve Nison and Seiki Shimizu?

5. is it not enough to read what is writen on the net about candlesticks?

Regards

6. I have no idea who is more knowledgeable, however, I've read some of Nisons books and they are great. The net has several good websites like hotcandlesticks.com and litwicks.net and a bunch of others that you can Google - then buy a book if you like what you have seen. Candle patterns are easy to remember, and there are only about 100. Look at the markets after the close with a pen and paper, looking for candle patterns. When you find one, write the instrument name, the closing price, and the pattern name. Then check after the close of the next day to see if the pattern was accurate. This is a good way to learn the patterns.