Candlestick Strategies backtested

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by B.Willis, Jan 21, 2007.

1. B.Willis

B.Willis

Does anyone know a book or website about backtested results of candlestick patterns/strategies?

2. jtnet

jtnet

doesnt matter, every time frame the candle lengths are different.

3. BSAM

BSAM

"Candlestick Charting Explained" by Gregory L. Morris

4. B.Willis

B.Willis

"Candlestick Charting Explained" by Gregory L. Morris

Does this book really contain a backtest of each candlestick pattern together with the results of the backtests?

5. BSAM

BSAM

B.---

Stroll over to Barnes & Noble and take a look at page 228. I think this is the book you want.

6. I have been using candles for almost 2 years now. They have some validity, but beyond the most basic of signals, I don't think so.

If you take into account, different data provider, charting sofware, ISP issues one could end up with a doji that another would show as a spinning top. For those reasons I am moving away from candlestick analysis to other more reliable methods. But hey, if it works for you, then I am happy for you.:)

7. "If you take into account, different data provider, charting sofware"...etc

Definitely true. You should always cross check your charts of the same day/instrument/timeframe charts with others you know at EOD to spot-check each other's QOS - especially with others using the same vendor. I've done it and the candles haven't always looked the same (sometimes by a lot).

8. B.Willis

B.Willis

@BSAM:

You are right, this book seems to contain what I´m looking for.
    Thank you.