Candles vs Vol Charts... Same signals!

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by RangeTrader, May 10, 2012.

1. what is the point of all these posts you doing with custom based indicators?

we dont got them

so whats the point ?

you selling ?

if you sharing, you only sharing results

so, whats your point?

#21     May 12, 2012
  2. LoL... This 4-6 Renko using my technicals is beautiful... I'm keeping this chart and going to watch it until I get used to it... That is in addition to my normal system.

I'm keeping it at a 4-6 tick Renko for now as watching that won't take enough time away from my normal system to mess up my trading.

Damn, talk about a way to strip out the noise and keep yourself in touch with the true flow of the market... I'm starting to really like point and figure and renko once I understand it better and see more of it...

#22     May 13, 2012
  3. Well, if your not a Renko, Ashi's, or cyclic trader... Just go away. This isn't your thread.

Also, if you are not any kind of wave trader... This is also not your thread. LoL...

If you are a wave trader and use EMA type MA indicators and stuff... You will understand!

If you know what a divergence is... You will also understand! Honestly, wait a minute... You have no idea what a divergence is??? Rotflmao...

#23     May 13, 2012
  4. I know of everything you speak of, you just sound like a newbie who discovered something outside of time based bars and is playing with indicator combinations backtesting, then cherry picking areas where price action was nice and posting how it did.

Look at your charts, you cant fit one more indicator, typical newbie stuff.

Showing performance during trends riding waves is easy, nice swings, any dumbass can make money off that.

Now.....

If price begins to chop, oops, you dead.

And we are back to square one

The quintessential question

Will it trend ? Knowing that is the answer to it all.

That's what you get for replying with a condescending post.

#24     May 13, 2012
  5. LoL... Each indicator has a specific purpose.

Let me explain for you very very slowwwwlyyyy so that you will understand.

I buy red, and at SUPPORT in uptrends. That is what I do! Confirmed solidly across hourly, internals, etc...

Sideways choppy markets are just fine. Actually one of the easiest to trade using support/resistance.

#25     May 13, 2012
  6. Heres what you idiots don't seem to get... To me Volume, Renko, and Hourly charts all say the SAME thing...

Same exact signals, just look... It doesn't matter which chart I'm looking at. I'm starting to think that Renko might be faster and more accurate of my current method of divergence measurement.

Look at the hourly divergences...

#26     May 13, 2012
  7. Anyway, the bottom line is... The bigger picture charts from hourly to 8 tick renko to 30-60kv vol...

They all have the same trade setups at about the same exact times.

Below is renko showing the exact same recent divergence that hourly showed.

#27     May 13, 2012
  8. My eyes started bleeding after I was unable to find price in that soup of indicators you just posted.

#28     May 13, 2012
  9. I have messed with Renko in the past a bunch of times...

But I had a recent realization. Those sudden gap dips that occur. Renko calculates out the divergences properly like volume charts. Time charts can't keep up for those kind of moves.

Volume charts have a disadvantage in that they are highly dependent upon market conditions. Renko might have the best of both without the issues of time or volume.

#29     May 13, 2012
  10. Here is a Renko vs a 15m vs a 1h...

I use to think Renko lagged a lot... But it showed the proper A-B-C correction cycle, in addition to the divergence.

It was far ahead of the 15 minute by a couple points... It confirmed sooner than time charts!

A higher divergence was also on higher Renko timeframes.

Hourly and 15m are confusing as hell when compared to how cleanly renko showed that move.

Anyway, thats the main advantage I see of renko. It can actually handle gaps and spike moves!

#30     May 13, 2012