Candles vs Vol Charts... Same signals!

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by RangeTrader, May 10, 2012.

1. There is nothing wrong with Continual Process Improvement for trading systems.

Plan --> Test --> Execute --> Measure --> Adjust

Repeat.

#11     May 12, 2012
  2. TF range is now too large for me to trade. Conditions are not optimal on the TF anymore. The NQ is only good in EXTREMELY low volatility. WAY too rippy otherwise.

If volatility moves even higher I will only be trading the ES during lunchtime within a month...

I have a couple different trading and charting systems. Whichever one seems to be working the best I stick with until conditions change.

I have decided a hybrid of time and VoL maintains accuracy pretty well through the type of conditions I currently trade...

Rally off the lows and first few hours after hourly reversal.

If the market goes into a bull market rally under 10 range per day again someday I have yet again different charts for those conditions...

I ditched pure volume charts because they are too much of a headache to keep the signals tuned in unless market conditions stay pretty much the same day after day. And they only really stay that steady for long periods during bull market rallies.

I decided to toss back up the bottom T-Wave indicator again because it's better at manual short term wave counts than my last wave counter I made.

I always go back in and revise the math once a month to see if I can make improvements and to check for errors.

#12     May 12, 2012
  3. Right now ES and 6E are the most popular for retail traders, with CL and TF close behind. Contracts are only best for a particular system, each are different.

#13     May 12, 2012
  4. The main issue I have with pure time charting is that I miss the exact entry by quite a bit...

With volume charting I can get within a couple ticks of a perfect entry.

#14     May 12, 2012
  5. I mostly just like to bitch about not liking short trading because it's a little chaotic...

But, I actually do have a timing system that will get me proper entries into a downtrending market after an hourly reversal down.

#15     May 12, 2012
  6. Diamonds...

Meh, diamonds are really best in a downtrend clocking at -150 to -250 on my trend strength index...

Either that or a uptrend clocking 150 to 250...

Friday was slightly odd in that we had zero bounces with only a moderate strength downtrend. Hmmm...

#16     May 12, 2012
  7. Have you ever tried to see what your system would look like with Renko candlesticks?

I even have a Renko chart with a Smoothed Heiken Ashi applied, I use this for CL and DAX.

#17     May 12, 2012
  8. Omg... I just realized something...

Why the heck do I have signals on my charts if I am using price as confirmation? God rid of them.

#18     May 12, 2012
  9. Generated a renko chart off a 5 minute chart. Size 1 and 2 box.

I have looked into Renko a bit. It's good stuff!

Something is fishy with my charting program... I think I have the wrong version on this computer. The other PC had Renko directly in the chart dropdown selection... Hmmm...

#19     May 12, 2012
  10. Knew something was screwy... Here is a proper 4/8 Tick Renko on the ES.

Very nice... You can see the divergences and setups very clearly.

#20     May 12, 2012