Candle stick charts

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by EpiphanyTrading, Mar 7, 2010.

1. risky63

risky63

"They perform exactly the same no matter how big or small the time frame."

not true.....sub minute tick "sticks" lie about 25% of the time.

#11     Mar 7, 2010
  2. Absolutely incorrect. Time is a fractal and nothing more. If I post a 5 second chart and a weekly chart and leave out the scale you won't be able to tell which is which.

Most of my entries and exits are trading sub 1 minute, irrespective if I am holding for several hours or taking a scalp. If you are trading low volume that is different but I don't touch low liquidity.

The rules of the trade don't change with time, only the speed.

#12     Mar 7, 2010
  3. This is one of the most absurd and stupid statements I have ever read here in ET.

#13     Mar 7, 2010
  4. If I post a man's picture without his name of course you can assume his name is whatever you like. But he has a specific name.

Are you competing for the stupidest post in ET?

#14     Mar 7, 2010
  5. Thanks for the in-depth explanation. For a moment I thought you were talking about trading candlesticks :)

#15     Mar 7, 2010
  6. Go some place else to spurt idiot.

#16     Mar 7, 2010
  7. Whatsup? Not able to back up your assertion?

Ok, let's do it your way. Post a photo of 2 guys and I'll guess the names.

Then you explain the chart signal.

#18     Mar 7, 2010
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Actually, I've shared in-depth information about Japanese Candlestick patterns via user names NihabaAshi or wrbtrader here at Elitetrader.com and will continue doing such.

Feel free to take what you want from the information or make reference to any particular specifics. However, if you want to discuss something specific involving Japanese Candlestick patterns...you can post your questions in the "Trading Hammers (revisited)" thread or send others to the thread to post questions. I'll respond even if it's about a different type of candlestick pattern.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52880

All I ask is to post charts instead of any hypothetical price action questions to prevent any misunderstandings. Simply, I'm not willing to rehash again what's already stated at your conference call and if I'm going to rehash it...I'll much rather keep it here at ET or at another discussion forum I participate at (e.g. traderslaboratory) because it's easier for the search engines to index the information whereas it's very difficult for such in your back yard considering you don't keep public files that doesn't require a registration.

By the way, you guys should post a public blog or link to your public messages being posted here at Elitetrader.com on your main page considering you guys are setting up shop here without requiring folks to register...connecting the dots sort'uv speak.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=192744

Mark

#19     Mar 7, 2010
  9. Thanks for that. Very interesting and saves me a lot of time trying to explain why trading below 1 min has exactly the same internal events happening as on any bigger time frame.

I got some homework now and it's been a long time since that happened:)

#20     Mar 7, 2010