Candle Stick Charts

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BrendanByrne, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Candle Stock Charts

I have been experimenting with them. I do not commit alot of capital to these trades, as I am not comfortable with them yet.

I have been told not to use them exclusively.

A. Any pro's and con's?

B. What other studies compliment them well?

Brendan P. Byrne
    Trader

2. Redneck

Redneck

You are going to get 9 million different philosophies and responses

The simple answer – use what fits your eye - period….. no matter it a candlestick chart, a line chart, or a bar chart…

Hell some don’t even use a chart… :eek:

Regards

RN

3. I primarily use OHLC charts and trade with the trend and market. I dabble with Candle Setups. I just use them when there is an absolute run away stock or collapse. I use them as an indication that a stock has stopped going up, or down.

4. There's a difference between using candlestick charts versus using Japanese Candlestick patterns. Also, most traders that use candlestick charts are not using Japanese Candlestick patterns.

By the way, there's already like +30 threads on this topic. :D

Combine them with anything that deals with supply/demand analysis and you'll increase the reliability of Japanese Candlestick patterns assuming you have a good understanding of supply/demand.

Mark

5. I personally find that candles improve my timing and patience substantially. I have congested bars, regular bars, and candlesticks for each chart I monitor. They are particularly useful for swing trading, at least from my experience.