Candidate Match Game

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

How is this even possible? Unless it's just a function of sheer ridiculous statistics. The only way I can see it happening is if the 5 out of 11 matched to Obama were so diametrically opposed to Paul, and the 5 matched to Paul (which are different than the ones to Obama) were so opposite of Paul.

If a voter has such a differential on 10 out of 11 issues, then what is that voter? Democrat? Libertarian? Republican? A lunatic?

#11     Dec 13, 2011
  2. It might be a function of Obama's stated positions as opposed to his actions. I couldn't say definitively.

#12     Dec 13, 2011
  3. I think it's the slider thingy.

I pushed my gay marriage slider all the way to the right, as I am opposed to gay marriage, but I don't think it is appropriate to address that via legislation.

Same with abortion, I am opposed, but I would not strike down Roe vs. Wade if were on the SCOTUS.

If AK slid his slider all the way to the left, a democrat could possibly come up.

Just a matter of preference. I think it is a well done test.

#13     Dec 13, 2011
  4. Many Liberals are half libertarian Tsing

Many liberals greatly oppose war,700 billion a year defense spending,The US being the world police,personal liberties taken away, oppose the war on drugs,oppose the fed,oppose corporate bailouts.Thats where I side with Paul

Many liberals support national healthcare,regulations to prevent corporations from fucking the people,SS ,medicare and pro choice.Thats where I side with democrats

If its Paul vs Obama I'm voting for Paul.If its Obama vs newt/Romney I'm voting for Obama

#14     Dec 13, 2011
  5. Geez,

The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age-Rod Stewart.:D

Not sure how old you are DAS so I decided to attribute that line:)

#15     Dec 13, 2011
  6. Better answer +1

#16     Dec 13, 2011
  7. I wasn't serious. I find that pic to be quite disturbing :p

#17     Dec 13, 2011
  8. I take a screen shot with MW snap then load and post the picture with imageshack

#18     Dec 13, 2011
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Interesting. I guess that makes sense. Thanks for the answer.

You do realize, however, that should Paul be elected, SS, medicare, national healthcare, regulations, all that goes out the window, right?

#19     Dec 13, 2011
  10. You are damn right about that. I thought Bachman might have MILF potential till I saw that!

#20     Dec 13, 2011