Cancellation problem with briefing.com

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by yxy, Feb 1, 2011.

1. yxy

yxy

Hi everyone,

I signed up to subscribe platinum services from briefing.com about 2 years ago, and no longer need the service, so I called to cancel.

The operator said that the cancellation is completed. Until I asked what the effective date is, she didn't disclose this. It will become inactive as of 10/31/11.

I would have to continue to pay til 10/31/11 because it's an annual contract. Well I said I am not aware of that. She said that they sent a notice with a term change back in October of 2010. If I didn't cancel then, it gets automatically renewed for a year.

This doesn't seem very reasonable, but is this what you guys experience either with briefing.com or any other service?

Any input or suggestions will be appreciated.

2. silk

silk

I wouldn't cancel. How else can you get that kind of info for that low of price? Even if you are taking a break from tradng. Even for years. Don't you want that knowledge. Lets say you do some investing trading in 5 or 10 years from now. All that you pay could be made up in one trade.

3. yxy

yxy

So you subscribe briefing.com? How features do you find useful?

4. joe4422

joe4422

Just cancel your credit card, then they can't charge you. Also, do a charge back for last month. It's not fair that they change the terms in the middle, your credit card will side with you.

5. yxy

yxy

If I just cancel my credit card, Briefing can report to whatever credit agencies to affect my credit history, doesn't it?

I don't think it's fair that they change the terms and automatically renewed my terms. I failed to check the email but they should give me a break and just let me cancel.

6. Surdo

Surdo

I will pay you the FULL amount of the remaining subscription if you stop posting this dribble.:D

7. Dispute the charge with the credit card.

Another option is to let them know you'll be setting up the briefingripoff.com website and doing your best to publicize what a scam they are. Also have a friend call them and claim to be from a news station and say they want to do a story on the briefing.com subscription scam.

8. yxy

yxy

yeah, now days, net and social media are on our side:) We can at least share the problem so other can avoid repeating the same problem.