CANCEL orders. The most powerful order never discussed until now!

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by REDP1800, Dec 8, 2018.

1. REDP1800

REDP1800

imagine looking at the market from outside of teh box ok.. that buys and sells move the market. add in cancel orders that also move the market pretty much friction free.. so which one has more power.

since you know a lot about the market. here is a question.. if you think a stock is going to go up.. what order should you use to get into the trade?

#41     Dec 10, 2018
  2. Overnight

Overnight

And the manipulation keeps going on, and they keep getting caught (albeit WAY slower than honest trades would like)…

https://www.cmegroup.com/notices/di...-13-9693-bc-6-krishna-mohan.html#pageNumber=1

Something that seems to be missing from all of your threads/posts are your trades. Are you making money with your strategy, or is it all just bluster and hot air? Are you a plant for some major trading firm that is trying to instill a seed in the minds of other people to help your firm, or are you making money from this?

Else, what is the point of all this boisterous grandstanding about spoofing?

#42     Dec 10, 2018
  3. Sprout

Sprout

You are correct.

I'm referring to the active streams on my trading platform. In addition to a DOM ladder and 2 OTR charts, I monitor two T&S streams; one that contains all and the other with size. During fast paced markets with two rapidly changing streams, they appear as two exclusive and not one as filtered.

It's an interesting conflating perceptual illusion on my part.

#43     Dec 10, 2018
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Sprout wins the ET "strangest-confabulation-of-confusing-terms-in-one-sentence-of-the-day" award, issued yearly, on a bi-weekly basis. LOL

#44     Dec 10, 2018
    Metamega likes this.
  5. Sprout

Sprout

Here let's break it down for you:
    "interesting; arousing curiosity or interest; holding or catching the attention.
    conflate; combine (two or more texts, ideas, etc.) into one.
    perception; the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses.
    illusion; a thing that is or is likely to be wrongly perceived or interpreted by the senses."

Here's a visual example:
    @ 2633.50
    Notice the 8 lot @ 16:50:28:906 on the right.
    Notice the 8 lot @ 16:50:28:906 on the left.

What do you see?

Conflating Example.png

"In psychiatry, confabulation (verb: confabulate) is a memory error defined as the production of fabricated, distorted, or misinterpreted memories about oneself or the world, without the conscious intention to deceive."

With your abundant use of hyphens into one word, the conflation award goes to you.

Congrats.

#45     Dec 10, 2018
    REDP1800 likes this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

I see someone who has no sense of humor or context. Sorry you are a such a Grinch. I hope you become or are super rich and go to your grave as bitter as you have just seemed to come across. Eeesh. It's the holidays, Francis. Lighten up.

#46     Dec 10, 2018
  7. REDP1800

REDP1800

i see that you have it set to green for price increase black for same price and red for a downtick and that you have it filtered for 5 lots. i like the setup and i never thought to run 2 simultaneously like that. im picturing it moving snd could see how the colors and size could possibly affirm your thoughts on mkt direction or potential reversal..thanks for sharing

#47     Dec 10, 2018
  8. Sprout

Sprout

Depending on volatility during RTH the filter is set for 50-100. It becomes informative to distinguish when larger size enters/exits at which bar formations and/or price levels. Having a DOM ladder in the middle flanked on the other side by two OTR charts one for the ES and the other for the YM above/below each other creates a fine tuning context to support carving turns.

As for the example I posted, your reminder of aggressor being posted had me notice a dissonance between the two streams. The eight lot switches context which I hadn’t brought completely into my conscious awareness. Thanks for that.

Back on topic with the canceling of orders, I can see your point but only in the context of automation or in low volume times such as overnight or during lunch. I think it’s a particular trading style much like a video game or pacchino. Unless your moving size, I don’t see how it would have an impact during high pace fast moving markets.

Alternatively, I spend most of my time annotating a 5m ES chart and hand logging bars and only sweeping OTR, DOM and T&S periodically.

I find the primary activity of the DOM is the pulling and stacking of orders through C&R’s which I see as the ‘feign.’ It’s flashy and is like an attention magnet that has a bit of a hypnotic effect.

Changes in pace with size is one of the things I look for as confirmation with being on the right side of the market or not.

I haven’t gotten my head around the algo strategic use of order qualifiers FOK and FAK yet but they probably should be in the umbrella discussion of cancels.

#48     Dec 11, 2018
  9. Sprout

Sprout

My intention is to clarify, if I come across as a grinch,... oh well,... (shrugs)

Maybe overnight needs a binky and a smiley face
    :D

#49     Dec 11, 2018
    REDP1800 likes this.
  10. REDP1800

REDP1800

it is interesting you brought up FOK and FAK. i have also been looking into the order type at the cme and its possible advantages or disadvantages..is it flashes size on the clob then auto cancels without getting filled then its essentially an order with an auto cancel so it might not effect your message cancel percentage while still flashing buy or sell interest especially to the high speed computers that just analyze tape and the clob.

#50     Dec 11, 2018