Canary in the mine market timing

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by qlai, Jun 12, 2019.

1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

my response was not directly to you but in general - if you took it personal i didn't mean it that way.

i have the utmost respect for all professionals in the business of course this includes larry, i made shit tones of money when his secrets of a hedge fund manager come out. we traded much of his stuff right off the bat.

#11     Jun 13, 2019
  2. Of course you do because there are so many variations in a MA crossover strategy. You are quite an interesting chap. Sometimes you post some interesting stuff but sometimes pretty dumb stuff as well.

#12     Jun 14, 2019
  3. tomorton

tomorton

MA's don't work any more?

That's a radical statement. What would be the cause of this?

#13     Jun 14, 2019
    MarkBrown likes this.
  4. I said MA crossover as lone strategy signals (as described in the link). A simple Google search will point you to multiple articles where crossovers have been extensively tested and found to not generate excess returns. Keep in mind that fancy entries or exit conditions are turning this into a completely different strategies. I talk about an always long/short strategy that triggers on MA crossovers.

#14     Jun 14, 2019
    fxshrat and tomorton like this.
  5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

it's like saying : I am a drunk driver spending time in prison for killing someone in a head on collision. So cars are dangerous and no one should be trying to drive cars because their so dangerous.

Just Google it I know it's the truth lol.

#15     Jun 14, 2019
  6. This must be one of the poorest comparisons of the entire year on this site.

Anyway, I find it laughable how some dude doctors Sharpe ratios on a blog fiddling with some of the most simplistic algorithms and is called a professional hedge fund manager. Add to that, that his entire test approach and methodology is flawed and at several points outright wrong. Feel free to worship anyone with bold claims, I myself prefer to first look under the hood.

#16     Jun 14, 2019
    fxshrat likes this.
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

actually it was quite good but then again i am in my left mind so of course we are polar opposites in thinking. difference is that i can accept your odd thinking but you can not accept my logical thoughts. sad

#17     Jun 14, 2019
  8. Yes sorry, your comparison made no sense at all (to me) and I pride myself with a solid ability of logical reasoning. Back to moving average crossovers :)

#18     Jun 14, 2019
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

left handed people are seldom logical thinking.

#19     Jun 14, 2019
    themickey likes this.