Canadien Trader looking for a broker

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Zhuge, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Zhuge

Zhuge

I am having hard time finding in one decent broker, that will accept canadien for clients.

The canadien broker like Canada etrade, tdwaterhouse commision's are just too expensive for daytrading or even swing trading.

Tradefreedom is a big ripoff, charging $345 USD/month for their software.

I know there alot of canadien traders out there, please tell me what broker you use.

Thanks

2. e_shadoe

e_shadoe

you can try enorthern (www.enorthern.com) in Canada, but most serious traders find a way to trade in the US with a US broker. the only people i know who can trade successfully in Canada are very few because of the higher costs. there are a few but they have developped truly profitable models and have the guts to apply them. for a trader who wants to learn, it will cost him big bucks to learn in Canada. not an easy task when you start competing with american traders who's costs are way cheaper.

no easy way out for canadian traders until banks relinquish their control over the process. only when the barriers truly come down will canadians be on an equal footage with the rest of the world.

even mexicans can open US accounts without any problems in the US. go figure how much power our banks have. it's a scam.

3. So, what are you doing about it?

4. e_shadoe

e_shadoe

who, me? i have an address in the US and trade with an american broker RJT.com, but will be forced to change since they have been acquired by TD Waterhouse and have decided to increase their rates by 200%.

you can still have the discount price but have to trade a certain amount of shares per quarter. that doesn't work for me. I trade when i see opportunities not because i need to keep my commission rate low?

I opened an account with PointDirex and will give some update with regards to its performance.