Canadians?????

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by smknbul, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Great to see so many Canadians. I trade the NYSE in Ottawa, recently left the Swifttrade office here. Looking at other options with higher payout.

Any of you guys/gals heard of a company called Vortec. I received a fee schedule from a friend with their name on it but I have been unable to locate them.

Looking for a Remote Prop Firm at the moment.

Anyone trade with any of the following Prop firms... any comments on them:

- Golden Markets (GMMI)
    - Barkley LLC
    - Generic
    - Vortec

Any info would greatly appreciated.

I'm looking for somewhere in the neighbourhood of 70-80% payout but I don't have a problem paying higher commissions.

Thanks alot everyone

Tom

#31     Dec 2, 2003
  2. Hey guys I'm a Prop Trader in TO. (NYSE intraday)

If you are getting together for that beer count me in. Not many of us around, it would be good to connect.

#32     Dec 8, 2003
  3. chaos

chaos

Okay, here's a stab at organizing a TO beer night. How about 5:30, Thursday, December 18 at Bar Italia, which is at 582 College St.

There are lots of other restaurants and bars in the area if we get bored of that one.

Let me know what you think.

chaos

#33     Dec 9, 2003
  4. Chaos....the location is perfect but I'll be away on holiday from the 16 th until the 28th.... So the 18 th won't work for me....if we could do it sooner that would be perfect.

Let me know.

#34     Dec 9, 2003
  5. chaos

chaos

Hi Stockfrosty,

My schedule's getting pretty filled up with family events and other get togethers, so for me the best thing would be to wait until January.

What about the rest of you TO (and surrounding area) traders, what do you say?

chaos

#35     Dec 10, 2003
  6. There is a Financial Forum in Downtown Toronto on January 22 till the 25:
    http://www.financialforum.ca/toronto/seminars.asp

There are a lot of seminars there where they discuss technical analysis. What if we combined a get together with the convention. Perhaps we could meet for dinner and some beers on the Friday night after the classes are done. Then you should be able to get a tax deduction for your dinner and expenses as well.

#36     Dec 10, 2003
  7. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

BUILD THE WALL FAST, we are being invaded by the Canadians...

RUN RUN RUN.............grab ur hockey sticks.

Reminds of that movie with John Candy and a few unkown actors and the Dude from Mash as the president of the USA. And the weapons system hidden in the Toronto Needle.

oh..by the way....the club GOVERNMENT in Toronto ROCKS.

#37     Dec 10, 2003
  8. simsim

simsim

Check the Tornonto Public library, It is full of good books

#38     Dec 11, 2003
  9. simsim

simsim

Which Borker are the canadians using.

I use ameritrade canada ( which is the old version of datek)

#39     Dec 11, 2003
  10. Chaos,
    Perhaps you may have missed my post on page 6 of this thread. There is a Financial Forum in Toronto on the weekend of Jan 22, a lot of the seminars are about trading:
    http://www.financialforum.ca/toronto/seminars.asp
    I'd like to suggest that we have a get together near the Convestion Center on the Friday or Saturday night to coincide with that Forum.

SimSim,
    A couple of good brokers in Canada for trading are Interactive Brokers and Questrade (has RRSP's).

#40     Dec 11, 2003