Canadians - Dell E228WFP 22" Flat Panel

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FanOfFridays, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Yes, that's kind of what I was thinking. There's a long discussion going on at Red Flag Deals (www.redflagdeals.com) about how good a panel this is and how it compares to the more expensive ones. For me (non-gamer, non-HDTV guy, viewing the panel straight on and I don't have a digital camera) I figure it will probably be ok. And it will be flanked by 2 P1130s so I can always use those if my nephews pics don't look right.

Dell must have bought 100,000 of these Chi Mei panels for a reason. As you said, not top quality but not a piece of crap either...

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20060627PR205.html

btw GGSAE, nice monitor at a great price.

#11     Dec 28, 2006
  2. I tend to doubt it - quality of the mounts, stand and adjustability seem to be the things you have to compromise on with these units. There is some question at the RFD forums about whether it can be tilted very far as well. It will suck a bit if I have to stand this monitor up on something in order to get it to the right height.

#12     Dec 28, 2006
  3. chartie

chartie

Yes.

#13     Mar 7, 2007
  4. lar

lar

I just bought eight of them. They haven't been delivered yet. Tech specs say they have 160 degree viewing angles horizontal and vertical.

Peace and gtty,

Lar

#14     Mar 7, 2007
  5. lar

lar

Got them today. Now I have to get a "hot rod" to run them.

#15     Mar 8, 2007
  6. Get the Viewsonic 22"

#16     Mar 8, 2007