Canadians - Dell E228WFP 22" Flat Panel

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FanOfFridays, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Now this seems like a pretty good deal -

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=CADHS1&sku=320-5205

My Dell email alert says $299 shipped for this on Dec. 26th and 27th.

Anyone have any experience with this monitor? The weird thing is that 'E228WFP' doesn't return a lot of hits at the different tech sites.

I assume a TN panel, so limited viewing angle. I am not a gamer and would make this the central monitor of a 3 monitor array so I would be viewing it head on.

I don't think this is a premium monitor but for $299 CDN?? Shipped? For a non-gamer who won't be using it to watch movies or anything else like that?

2. I got the same email concerning the deal from Dell Canada today but I already bought their E207WFP last week for $270 +tx when they had 12 days of deals thing running. It's a great monitor (incredibly fast response time even for gaming and crisp graphics; it's still on sale for $280) and I highly recommend it but I can't belive that if I had waited 2 more weeks I could've added another 2 inches to the screen for just 30 more bucks!

3. gnome

gnome

It's so new, hasn't had much time to be reviewed.

4. I couldn't actually click on the E228 deal in the email alert I received. I could click on all the other deals...

I also can't click on the E228 deal on this page - scroll to the bottom and the deal is listed but you can't click on the text.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/deals/ma...oxingday/dell/

So how does this work... on Dec 26th at 6:00 a.m. does the price just automatically change at the website? That is, if I simply do a search for this item at dell.ca, will it come up with the right price? Or, do I have to click through to it from a specific link?

Thanks, never done one of these Dell deals before.

5. The price will change automatically on all of Dell sites. You don't have to click on a specific link at all.

Have fun with that biggie, I envy you! :p

6. Thanks JLS... I will be on there at 6:01 a.m. putting the order in :)

7. Just FYI... deal is accessible now at dell.ca

8. FCCT

FCCT

Can you move the entire monitor 90 degrees? Not sure which dells are able to do that.

9. I've got the same panel in a Viewsonic bezel... not top quality but cant go wrong for the price/performance real estate

10. GGSAE

GGSAE

#10     Dec 26, 2006