Canadians angered over "Buy American" rule

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Canada's new trade deals with the EU (not withstanding the seal hunt ban) and China are ensuring we are working toward diversification with our global trade. But no question about it, USA is our largest trading partner and will continue to be and needs to be in the future. The protectionist measures put in place by congress have potential to set off a chain reaction with other governments that will damage global economies for absolutely no reason. Haven't they realized that free trade is the only way to operate?

#11     Jun 8, 2009
  2. Well, because someone mentioned it I will point our that evildoer Kissinger, who had spread more misery around the globe than most, is a 100% beind the communist chinese regime.

Good to know, eh?

Is this supporting communism, or not??

So, you guys just sit back and watch Geithner and Bernanke destroy your economy and then Chertoff and the DHS will step in and raise martial law. You are so lazy, you almost deserve it.

-----------------------

NEW YORK, Jan. 5 (Xinhua) -- The U.S.-China relations will enjoy steady and continuous progress in a long period to come, as many problems in the world today require the two countries to cooperate in many ways, former U.S. secretary of state Henry Kissinger said here on Monday.

#12     Jun 8, 2009
  3. I'm sorry, but did you say we want Canadian women?

Beer I'll grant you. But no idea what you're talking about on the women front.

#13     Jun 8, 2009
  4. Fully nude strippers who will do some CRAZY shit for a buck. All 100% legal up here (but not prostitution).

#14     Jun 8, 2009
  5. This isn't a new provision. Many federal and some state and local public projects that i have worked on have had similar "Buy American" provisions for years. All steel for rebar, girders, and plate, in addition to concrete, paint, mechanical equipment, etc was typically required to be certified as "American" before it could be installed. Don't know if there were previously laws on the books requiring this, but it's been a part of construction contracts on public projects for a long time.

#15     Jun 9, 2009
  6. Yawn. Nobody reals cares what Canadians think and most know it just does not matter what they think. They can't do a thing about it. Softwood lumber proved that.

This is just propaganda to eventually merge Canada, USA, and Mexico. They are conditioning the sheep by starting trade wars and border/trade problems to initiate the feelings for people to open up to such an idea as the NAU.

#16     Jun 9, 2009
  7. Internet discussion boards are kind of like our highways. People who you probably wouldn't know are morons if you were walking by them are instantly revealed when they get behind the wheel, and ET is a bit like that.

I've often wondered which type of post most accurately reveals the type of irredeemable moron that we get here. Sure, there's a lot of shit that flies in P & R. However, I think perhaps the one thing that reveals a total moron more than anything else is the statement that Canada will 'merge' with the United States. If you went into this guy's basement, you'd see 5000 cans of soup and drums of gasoline.

One more for the ignore list.

#17     Jun 9, 2009
  8. LOL Thank you for calling out this stupidity. It's sad that some uneducated Americans actually think this is a very real possibility. These are the same people who think we ride our dog sleds from our igloos to work in the morning.

#18     Jun 9, 2009
  9. An angry Canadian is terrifying. Please be nice to them!

#19     Jun 9, 2009
  10. Ignore me because I made you think. I scared you by making you realize(for a second before your denial kicked in) you aren't the all knowing and that there are issues out there that aren't pleasant to think about.

Instead of the empty rhetoric that you spew, here are some facts.

Have you ever heard of the CFR or looked into the backgrounds of their members?

"Lay the ground work for the freer flow of people within North America. The three governments should commit themselves to the long-term goal of dramatically diminishing the need for the current intensity of the governments’ physical control of cross-border traffic, travel, and trade within North America. Along-term goal for a North American border action plan should be joint screening of travelers from third countries at their first point of entry into North America and the elimination of most controls over the temporary movement of these travelers within North America."

http://www.scribd.com/doc/203446/2005-05-CFR-NAFTA-NAU-Building-a-North-American-Community

kass do yourself a favor and don't kill yourself by thinking on your own!

#20     Jun 9, 2009