Canadian Trading on Europeon markets.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by LOgg, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Chagi

Chagi

Swift Trade's risk control model is pretty intelligent (I had some exposure to it in the past, essentially current risk allowance is a function of recent performance), but I would agree that it can be a bit challenging to get started there and successfully build size to levels that one can generate a reasonable level of income. The size aspect is also heavily dependent on the comfort level of the franchise owner (i.e. you need to convince the owner to even consider your request to increase size).

The above said, I'm not sure which other approach one could recommend if you start-up a franchise and the traders are not putting up any amount of risk capital - some dollar loss limit is required, else bringing on a number of new traders could quickly bleed you dry. Similar to you, I have considered opening a franchise with them from time to time, but I think it could be quite challenging to build (and more importantly, maintain) a solid branch franchise, particularly given that your best performers are highly likely to depart for better profit splits.

#21     Sep 5, 2010
  2. mews

mews

How are CFD's not allowed to be traded in the US?

#22     Sep 5, 2010
  3. It's a US law and reputable foreign brokers will not open an account for US-based individuals as a result.

#23     Sep 5, 2010
  4. mews

mews

Thanks, do you know if that's for customers or if that's for prop broker dealers as well?

#24     Sep 6, 2010
  5. Not sure about prop broker dealers.

#25     Sep 6, 2010

6. Fees start at how much and how low can they go ?

#26     Sep 6, 2010
  7. Not exactlly prop, but Gricham Jones does

#27     Sep 6, 2010
  8. #28     Sep 6, 2010

9. Something about 'Gricham Jones' doesn't pass the smell test.

#29     Sep 6, 2010

10. Please post what you know about Gricham Jones because I think they're a fraud. Looks like some operation pretending to be in business a long time? Charging newbies to learn trading??

It also looks like you work there?

#30     Sep 6, 2010