Canadian Trading on Europeon markets.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by LOgg, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Do you trade in the Swift Trade downtown office? How do you know that? If this is true than Swift Trade IS the place to be. Do you know what is these guys payout?

#11     Aug 22, 2010
  2. LOgg

LOgg

Pretty sure swift doesn't have remote....

#12     Aug 22, 2010
  3. SwiftTrade does not have remote.

However, SwiftTrade is going to offer full-service brokerage services to retail clients soon. It is in the market looking for equity research analysts to cover the canadian and american largecap names. It will leverage its research coverage to begin investment banking services to middle market companies, high net-worth client wealth management services. In other words, it is currently in the middle of transforming itself into a boutique investment bank.

#13     Aug 22, 2010
  4. Hi, risktaker, what are those prop firms? Could you name them? Thanks.

#14     Sep 4, 2010
  5. The only prop trading firm I know trading European markets: London Stock Exchange, Euronext, Scandinavian markets, Milan, Deutche Borse is Swift Trade. They also trade on Tokyo Stock Exchange which might interest you since it starts at 8pm EST thus will not conflict with your day job.

#15     Sep 4, 2010
  6. Swifttrade has some really stupid rules. When I inquired with them about starting a franchise a couple of years back, they were telling me that they impose a $50 daily loss limit on every new trader. Exceed the $50 loss on any given day & you're locked out of the system. What the hell kind of bs system is that?

#16     Sep 4, 2010
  7. LSE trading is NOT available to US residents/nationals no matter what. Unless you're willing to pay the 1/2% stamp duty since CFD's are not allowed in US. I believe they're ok in Canada, though.

#17     Sep 4, 2010
  8. optimal

optimal

Sure, seems strange at first. But maybe they train them trading a 100 lot of DELL with a $0.15 stop. 3 losing trades in a row and they shut them down for the day. It's not totally outrageous if they're training them by trading 100 lots of very cheap stocks with tight stops. Not saying anything about that strat, just saying maybe that's what they're doing.

#18     Sep 4, 2010
  9. So, how's a guy used to trading bigger size elsewhere supposed to get started at Swift? You lose $50 & you're canned for the rest of the day! Completely amateurish to me. It seemed like it was some written in stone rule at the time so I gave up on their 'business model'.

#19     Sep 4, 2010
  10. If new traders at Swift don't put up any of their own capital, then that seems like a good business model for them.

#20     Sep 4, 2010