Canadian Traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by axehawk, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Rigel

Rigel

Do you guys in Canada elect you're leaders?

#11     Mar 7, 2002
  2. I didn't, it was all those other idiots.

#12     Mar 7, 2002
  3. e_shadoe

e_shadoe

what do u mean about taxes? don't you have to pay your canadian taxes on the money that you will earn in the US while you're on a temporary visa?. even though Navada and Delaware are tax havens? aren't you obligated to report your revenues to Revenu Canada? how does that work. thanks

#13     Mar 7, 2002

4. :D :D :D Oh dang, that's funny! Good luck in Vegas.

-Jim

#14     Mar 7, 2002
  5. axehawk

axehawk

I'm 99% sure that a Canadian would not have to pay Canadian tax if he was working AND LIVING in the United States. I know of people that live near the border in Canada that work in the U.S. The first have to pay tax to the U.S. gov't. That amount is then credited to their Canadian taxes and they then pay the difference to the Revenue Canada (Canadian IRS).

I always laugh when I here Americans complaining about paying tax and when gasoline goes up. Do you know that when gas was up to $2/gallon in the U.S. it was the equilalent of $3.75 USD over here?
    I believe that if you make over six-figures in Canada you will be in the 54% tax bracket! We are second in the world (only to Denmark) for tax rates .

Have a nice day.

:D :)

#15     Mar 7, 2002
  6. check out: http://www.keatsconnelly.com/

They have a good book which is a starting point covering all the key issues (Immigration, residency, taxes):

The Border Guide by Robert Keats (also available at Amazon & Chapters)

#16     Mar 7, 2002
  7. dvcma

dvcma

$3.75 USD a gallon!! - I think you have you facts or math wrong, the most I ever paid in Alberta was $.74 per litre

take .74 times 3.8 (litres per gallon) times .63 (USD/CAD average rate) = $1.77 per gallon USD your math says $1.58 CAD/Litre :eek:

Move to Alberta 39% top rate:D

#17     Mar 7, 2002
  8. Here's the "Coles/Cliff Notes" action plan:

1. Sever all Canadian residential ties and file "Final" Cdn tax return.

2. Acquire NAFTA U.S. Immigration status.

3. Establish U.S. residencial domicile.

4. Incorporate/Domicile in tax firendly state (i.e. Nevada,Wyoming, Delaware to minimize U.S. taxes.

5. You're now on Uncle Sam's tax roll and qualify for lower comparative tax rates.

6. Say good bye to Jean Chretien. Join Republican party and learn words to "God Bless America"

Now.... if you can trade & domicle in Mexico you avoid ALL taxes entirely, the ultimate scenario.

#18     Mar 7, 2002
  9. e_shadoe

e_shadoe

why not just incorporate in a friendly state and still trade from Canada? why can't that be done?

#19     Mar 7, 2002
  10. E_shadoe. U would still be a canadian resident and subject to the higher Canadian rates. There would be no need to incorporate a U.S. co. as there would be no real tax savings. (Other than possiblities to expense out revenue through some U.S. travel, etc.) But probably not worth hassle/expense of operating U.S. corp.

#20     Mar 7, 2002