Canadian Traders, start your engines

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ctrader, May 30, 2002.

1. cameleon

cameleon

i feel like a prisonner getting out of jail.........after a 5 years sentence.............unbeliveable, what we went threw, up here........
    with our 'dinosaurus' brokers...............

thank's slave!

#11     Jun 6, 2002
  2. Bhodee

Bhodee

I just wired my money this morning.

How long has it taken you guys to be able to trade once you're money's been wired?

thanks

#12     Jun 7, 2002
  3. cameleon

cameleon

even if all funds are in........no trading yet..........6 days after their opening..........

#13     Jun 7, 2002
  4. hrifraf

hrifraf

Is anyone actually trading yet on IB in Canada?

Just want to be sure things are working before I toss the money over...

#14     Jun 13, 2002
  5. def

def Sponsor

people are trading. I think the delays in allowing someone to trade come from the $1 check that must clear and manually be checked to confirm who you are (candian id rules).

Outside of the margin and back office rules, the service is exactly the same as every other IB customer.

#15     Jun 13, 2002
  6. Yes.

P.S. thanks to Def for keeping us abreast of IB's Canadian regulatory nightmare over the past year. Sure glad that is over!

#16     Jun 13, 2002
  7. def

def Sponsor

hopefully its not just begun :)

#17     Jun 13, 2002
  8. onondaga

onondaga

Can Canadians open accounts with IB US? If yes, what are the differences in respect to the account and trading?

#18     Jun 14, 2002
  9. def

def Sponsor

no, you'll need to ask your regulators why.
    the difference as stated above is on the back end of things and margin. these differences are required by the canadian authorities. you'll use the same execution platform and technology throughout the world.

#19     Jun 14, 2002
  10. onondaga

onondaga

What do the Canadian regulators have to do with Canadians wanting to open accounts in the US or any other countries?

There are many firms in the US and overseas that have no problems having non-resident account holders. In fact I am trading out of a firm in NY currently.

#20     Jun 14, 2002