## Canadian Stocks Markets ? Stay Away from IB ##

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by RObert730, Mar 20, 2006.

1. RObert730

RObert730

how much must still wait for?

The patience has a limit

Any DAY datafeed delay .

09:36am ET ( 46 seconds delay )

#21     Mar 30, 2006
  2. RObert730

RObert730

2 Minutes and 47 seconds delay just now

#22     Mar 30, 2006
  3. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

Samaritan stated that we are building a new market-data interface. It takes time to complete that work. Thanks for your understanding.

#23     Mar 30, 2006
  4. RObert730

RObert730

I WANT ONE ETA TIME

BECAUSE I PAY FOR THIS SERVICE

#24     Mar 30, 2006
  5. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

We have the code already written, but we need to get new communication lines and gear into place. As a result, we are expecting to start production testing on April 10. Our order routing is unaffected by the latency.

(BTW, writing in capitals is considered yelling. Since I don't know whether that is what you intended, I will assume that it was an oversight).

#25     Mar 30, 2006
  6. Although everyone knows I have my issue with IB, I do applaud IB's acknowledging this problem and keeping people posted as to steps towards resolving.

#26     Mar 30, 2006
  7. wael

wael

with IB WHAT IS THE SYMBOL TO GET CHARTS FOR TSX AND TSX VENTURE

#27     Mar 31, 2006
  8. plugger

plugger

Twice this week the data feed from the TSX has been delayed. However, order entry still works fine. As for this being an IB specific problem, other vendors experience the exact same problems.

I would suggest to have a backup datafeed.

Torontotrader, a market order will hit bids until the order is completely filled even on the venture. At least that is my experience.

#28     Mar 31, 2006
  9. It may be alive , but well? I suspect 1 out of 20 are able to detect sarcasm reliably, as they have been trained only in the very literal.

See Spot Run

#29     Mar 31, 2006
  10. zdreg

zdreg

you are right.

happy april fool's day. :D

#30     Apr 1, 2006