## Canadian Stocks Markets ? Stay Away from IB ##

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by RObert730, Mar 20, 2006.

1. RObert730

RObert730

The delay continue.

Not is possible

Now : 11:06 ET

2 minutes and 18 seconds

#11     Mar 22, 2006
  2. samaritan

samaritan Interactive Brokers

We (IB) have been working on this problem for a while now. Unfortunately we have not been able to resolve this issue with the exchange. We are in the process of switching the protocol we use to receive market data from TSX and should have this rolled out within the next week or two.

#12     Mar 22, 2006
  3. RObert730

RObert730

Thank you SAMARITAN

#13     Mar 22, 2006
  4. nassau

nassau

Why is it usually necessary for a trader(s) to post on ET the problems with IB and or its software.
    Why would IB not be proactive in posting these issues to help all.
    By your own ommission Ib has been working on this problem for a while now.?
    I actually have found IB fills great last few days, loss of data for a short period is now less than once a day versus prior.
    I still find nyse fills slow but nasdaq good.
    I have notice over the last few months a very positive change in IB and its support staff.
    I think if IB were of more proactive it would take a lot of stress and frustration off the traders and consequently the support persons at IB as a lot of the time they are not aware of the issues or are and tell us they are aware of the situation and working on it.
    If IB wishes not to post on ET the updates could be sent via tws as it down presently when Island etc have issues.

just my two cents worth.

w

#14     Mar 22, 2006
  5. RObert730,

please accept my apologies for the way I expressed my suspicions early in this thread. I see now that you did have a specific issue, rather than just vague accusations.

#15     Mar 22, 2006
  6. samaritan

samaritan Interactive Brokers

Our customer service reps are aware of the problem and when there are delays the system status page on our website is updated:
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/software/systemStatus.php?ib_entity=llc

#16     Mar 22, 2006
  7. :) :) :) :) :)

#17     Mar 23, 2006
  8. RObert730

RObert730

#18     Mar 24, 2006
  9. where I come from they call it sarcasm ... sorry I was not more explicit ... but with such a 'meaningful' post I could not resist it :)

#19     Mar 24, 2006
  10. zdreg

zdreg

as a practioner of the art of sarcasm, i am happy that it is still alive and well.

#20     Mar 24, 2006