Canadian Prime Minister Harper: "Reckless U.S. consumers caused recession"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Frostie

Frostie

It is hard not to believe what he is saying here, the US has been the lone world super power for a couple of decades already. With this great power comes great responsibility, and I don't believe the US(consumers/government) has been responsible at all in the last 10 years.

#11     Mar 13, 2009
  2. "Prime Minister Stephen Harper said the global recession was caused by American consumers and investors..."

So recession in China was caused because Americans were buying Chinese goods...

Non Causa Pro Causa

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/noncause.html

#12     Mar 13, 2009
  3. The US is not a vibrant democracy and it never was.

This nation is a republic.

And it has become a very, very tired republic at that.

The people have always been represented for the most part by low life self-serving money grubbing scum. But Gubmint corruption was ignored because the Gubmint did not take that much out of the people's pocket nor did public spending represent that much of GDP.

When the income tax became enacted, everything changed.

The nation founded for the purpose of independence is longer independent.

Independent nations have borders and they defend them.

Independent nations are not debtor nations.

Independent nations do not get bogged down on foreign soil doing something so imperialistic as nation building.

#13     Mar 13, 2009
  4. lol screw u canada ... i think weve all dealt with celine dion and byran boitano long enough but you dont hear us complaining

#14     Mar 13, 2009
  5. My 'bomb Canada' statement was obviously in jest.

By the way, Bush looooved Harper, and vice-versa. They looked into each other's souls.

Cheney is probably urging it now at some think tank - drawing up the plan, rubbing his hands together, salivating over confiscating Canadian oil tar sands, beer production and hockey teams.

Muhawhawahaw!!!!!!!!!!

#15     Mar 13, 2009
  6. Illum

Illum

One hundred years from now they will look back and yes talk about excessive credit but there is more to it.

Does anyone remember the global demand for commodities skyrocketing? I remember talking to my girl during the 5$ a gallon gas days. She was saying.. what they were saying on tv. How gas is going to be forever 5+ I said to her... look you think its bad here? Yes it hurts this nation to pay 5 a gallon, how do you think the rest of the world is taking it. Who will blink first? Not us.

This was more damaging to the world economy than many realize. Before the Great Depression there was a run up in commodities as well. It was not over China Brazil India exploding, but it was very similar. Remember that some nations were blinking hard before the world tanked. Some could not afford rice to feed their people. There is more to this story than Americans and their credit cards.

#16     Mar 13, 2009
  7. ROFL LOL

#17     Mar 13, 2009
  8. Don't forget our strip clubs! Arguably our greatest asset. Fully nude. Truly a thing of beauty.

#18     Mar 13, 2009
  9. I forgot about the Windsor Ballet.

Toronto, too.

:D

#19     Mar 13, 2009
  10. stupid canucks.

canadian woman should be our sex slaves:mad:

#20     Mar 13, 2009