Canadian Premier Comes To USA For Surgery

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rc822, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not according to kassz:

Translation:
    [​IMG]

#11     Feb 2, 2010
  2. because US healthcare is the best by far...for millionaires, presidents, politicians, celebrities. For the remaining 98% of the US and Canadian population Universal Healthcare gives a much better bang for the buck.

#12     Feb 2, 2010
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

:confused:

[​IMG]

#13     Feb 2, 2010
  4. Don't confuse obamacare and even canadian healthcare with properly implemented Universal Healthcare that I was talking about.

#14     Feb 2, 2010
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I wasn't aware of a "properly implemented Universal Healthcare" bill in the works.

Please, do tell...

#15     Feb 2, 2010
  6. you're absolutely right, there is not any. But this thread is not about a US healthcare bill, it's about Canadian Premier coming to the US for surgery. And he does it because US healthcare is the best for 1% of the world's population while Canadian healthcare (imperfect as it may be and far from the best implementation of Universal healthcare) works much better for the remaining 99% of the world.

#16     Feb 2, 2010
  7. Cool, that puts me in the top 2%.

#17     Feb 2, 2010
  8. Mnphats

Mnphats

98%, seriously? Where in the world did you come up with that?

I would like to see a link.

#18     Feb 2, 2010
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Wow, that puts me in the top 1%. I'm an elitist and didn't even know it.

Meanwhile, back in reality. I was thinking that only about 15% of the LEGAL US population did not have health insurance. Meaning 85% are more or less happy with they have.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G44NCvNDLfc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G44NCvNDLfc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#19     Feb 3, 2010
  10. Wow, that puts me in the top 1%. I'm an elitist and didn't even know it.
    How can you be so sure? How can you possibly know that you are getting a bigger bang for the buck than a canadian/french/italian dude with education, income, family and job comparable to yours. All objective data point otherwise, you pay more and get less.

Meanwhile, back in reality. I was thinking that only about 15% of the LEGAL US population did not have health insurance. Meaning 85% are more or less happy with they have.
    That's the essence of the problem, in countries with reasonably well managed Universal Healthcare 100% of the legal population are "more or less happy with what they have" but they pay on average 30-50% less than the average american taxpayer and they on average get a little more out of it.

#20     Feb 3, 2010