Canadian Premier Comes To USA For Surgery

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rc822, Feb 2, 2010.

1. rc822

rc822

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Canadian Premier Comes To USA For Surgery

Nothing but the best for the Elite...and "universal health care" for the rest of us.

Where's Gabby, our resident Canadian expert on everything, with his insightful comments on this?

Enlighten us oh great one. Why would we want the kind of government administered health care system that makes one need to leave their own country for...well...health care?

3. There's no story here yet. When the blanks are filled in, do be sure to ask me again.

4. Luckily for him, being a Premier and all, he can afford the ridiculous cost of having surgery in the USA. Do you think he could do this working as a common man? Not a chance in hell.

Also, it says the procedure is not available in Newfoundland, not Canada.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Which begs the question, why go to the US instead of Canada?

6. The question is why is he going to the USA for the surgery?

7. Indeed. Unfortunately, when asked he didn't comment. If I had to guess, I would say he could probably get the surgery done more quickly in the USA than Canada.

8. Ricter

Ricter

I don't recall anyone saying the Canadian system is perfect, only that it is superior to the US's. But for argument's sake let's assume it is perfect. Under perfect healthcare, should the rich be barred from going abroad for care?

9. Mnphats

Mnphats

Clearly not to the Canadian Premier.

10. If it was perfect why would you go abroad for healthcare?

Second, you are correct in saying that nobody said Canadian healthcare was perfect, but leftists have told us for years that it was considerably better than the US.

#10     Feb 2, 2010