Canadian Politics: Stephen Harper's footprint

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabfly1, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

BINGO!

#41     Apr 12, 2011
  2. Contempt of parliament? Lack of transparency according to Auditor General Sheila Fraser? And all of the other financial and ethical considerations already mentioned both in this thread and in your earlier one. All things considered, I believe Ignatieff is a better choice for Canadians. I would have preferred Paul Martin, but I would choose Ignatieff over Harper any day. Thanks for asking.

Read the news lately?

http://www.montrealgazette.com/probe+leak+spending+report/4602294/story.html

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/968008--harper-can-t-take-credit-for-recovery

#42     Apr 12, 2011
  3. Because most Liberal supporters are under the impression that Iggy was anti-Iraq war because Chretien did not support the war. But this is not the case, Iggy was very much so in favor. Even if the Liberal spin you try to put on this fact is that he was in favor of the war for "humanitarian purposes".

Now, I keep missing your answers in your posts. Do you feel that it's important for the leader of a country to actually live in said country? Who do you think would be better in-tune with the way real Canadians feel?

Also, why do you refuse to acknowledge the fact that Iggy was a supporter of the Iraq war? How does it feel to know that the "Big Bad Conservatives" aren't the only ones who are willing to use military force? Kind of changes your rosy-red-Liberal view of your party, perhaps?

#43     Apr 12, 2011
  4. I read the news everyday. I am not as naive as you are, however, to think that the Conservatives are the only politicians out there with supposed ethical issues. Common sense would dictate that politicians everywhere are liars, deceitful, and often engage in practices that would be considered ethically questionable at times.

For that reason, I believe the ethics debate to be a mute point. This by no means is an admission to Conservative guilt on questionable ethics, but merely a statement on politicians in general.

The same cannot be said of policy choices, however. Policy is cut and dry; black and white. Low tax, low spending, small government. Or high tax, high spend, big government. The choice is clear from where I sit.

#44     Apr 12, 2011
  5. I believe I answered your question:
    P.S. That "moot," not "mute."

#45     Apr 12, 2011
  6. So you saying "All things considered I like Iggy better than Harper" is your way of indirectly saying that the fact that Iggy has chose to live anywhere BUT Canada for most of his life, comes back suddenly, and wants to be Prime Minister, does not factor into your voting decision?

I'm just having a hard time understanding how someone can support a guy who clearly does not hold Canada in very high regard.

Thanks for the grammar correction. It was a necessary addition to the discussion.

#46     Apr 12, 2011
  7. Hello

Hello

You just hit the nail on the head, and i have said this before many times on this forum, every single politician will fuck away money with no regard if you give them the chance, liberals are naieve enough to believe that its really just corrupt conservatives who do it, and so they vote for liberals who want bigger government, and more waste when they see something like that.

#47     Apr 12, 2011
  8. I am saying that Ignatieff's "balance sheet," so to speak, is better than Harper's in my opinion. That is why I would prefer for him to be PM instead of Harper, after accounting for all of the pros and cons, as I see them. Is that concept so difficult for you to grasp, differing political views notwithstanding? Your argument against Ignatieff has all the appeal of a one-trick pony.

Oh, and it wasn't a grammatical correction. And it certainly wasn't a typo on your part. It was a matter of vocabulary. And I noted it in my postscript, so as not to point it out in the body of my response and detract from the discussion. I thought you'd appreciate the heads-up. Apparently not. You have already made the same mistake twice in the past in response to other posters in other threads. Perhaps I should have just let you continue making the same error in the future.

#48     Apr 12, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Translation: Gabby ALWAYS supports the liberal no matter what, facts and reality be damned.

#49     Apr 12, 2011
  10. No. I voted for the conservative Brian Mulroney twice when I was younger and foolish.

I have since matured, and possibly evolved:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=218475

Were you ever anything other than Right Wing at any time in your life? Or do you ALWAYS support the conservative no matter what, facts and reality be damned?

#50     Apr 12, 2011