Canadian Day Traders on Elite Trader

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by trend_guy, Jul 2, 2003.

1. ctrader

ctrader

Most americans don't know about block heaters lol.

#31     Oct 6, 2003
  2. just21

just21

How easy is it for a Canadian passport holder to live in USA? Is there a limit to length of stay? thanks

#32     Oct 7, 2003
  3. Depends on what kind of visa you have. The range is from 1 year to 3 years, I think. But there are definite tax implications to doing that. You should go and investigate deeper.

#33     Oct 7, 2003
  4. u need a degree and a job, or a big pile of $. otherwise its 6 mths.

#34     Oct 7, 2003
  5. If your parents are born outside of the US you might have a chance for the Green Card Lottery.

#35     Oct 7, 2003
  6. DTK

DTK

I think this is only a BC / West Coast thing, but one of the places that I missed the most when I was in the US for my little 8 year stint was White Spot. I’m so glad I’m back. They don’t call it The Legendary for nothing…

Keeping with the subject, I used to do intraday, but not so much any more.

#36     Oct 8, 2003
  7. From Toronto here...anyone want to get together sometime for a beer to talk shop?

#37     Dec 16, 2003
  8. loungin'

loungin'

ein Canadian!

#38     Dec 18, 2003
  9. GSCO

GSCO

I would race in every morning to get the only the Almond croissant from that cheesy catered tray of flakey sugar. Then I'd bitch about how my commissions ($40 per 1000 shares) should have gotten me more than a stale croissant, while Peter and Joseph were stealing my good "trade-out" and handing me a losing "trade-out". I'd turn on my screen to find out I was long some like "CMRC" and out a couple grand. Expensive croissants.

ah.........the good old days

#39     Dec 20, 2003
  10. mnx

mnx

pre newbie trader here... i'm starting jan 5th at swifttrade in hamilton.

it's going to be a blast! :)

mnx

#40     Dec 22, 2003