Canadian 10 year bonds, any info?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by SideShowBob, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Can anyone confirm that regular trading hours on the Montreal exchange for Canadian Gov't 10 year bonds are from 8:20 AM - 3:00 PM? From IB that's what I think they are, but they also list trading outside that window.

Also, the symbol listing from Pinnacle Data shows them listed on the CME -- I assume at one point they traded there -- just curious if anyone knows the history on that?

SSB

2. Check out www.me.org.

Volume has risen to the point that they might even be tradable. Last time I looked in the Globe and Mail the volume was over 100,000. Which when you think about it is a lot of volume considering there isn't the need for mortgage hedging hear like in the states. (Gotta love democrats from the mid-west)

3. yep,those are the hours. there is also a pre market and after market session but,can be very inactive. i like them better than zn cause they can have better movement,i guess it depnds on how many contracts you are trading.volume has picked up this last yr,cause the spread is usually one tick,while before there used to be a 2-3 tick spread.those were the days....