Canada’s covid-19 second wave is a humbling moment after a summer of bragging

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TreeFrogTrader, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Ontario is going tits up.

Ontario declares emergency amid surging COVID-19 cases as Canada buys more vaccines

TORONTO/OTTAWA (Reuters) - Ontario declared an emergency on Tuesday after latest modelling put Canada’s most populous province on track to have more than 20,000 new COVID-19 cases per day by the middle of February, a nearly ten-fold increase from the current count.

Ontario, which is battling a coronavirus surge that has swamped its hospitals and triggered a province-wide lockdown, could also see roughly 1,500 more deaths in its long-term care homes through mid-February under a worst-case scenario, according to modeling from experts advising the government.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...es-as-canada-buys-more-vaccines-idUSKBN29H198

#41     Jan 12, 2021
  2. jem

jem

Lefty governments failing the people again.

Not even nine morons, his lefty friends, and gwBE-lying can't legitimately blame Trump supporters. (although... incredibly I saw wrbtrader try and blame visitors from the States.
    (Which made me wonder who the hell from the states wants to visit Montreal during the winter?)

Things to do in Montreal in the Winter:
    • Stuff yourself silly on an Old Montreal Food Tour.
    • Winter Activities on Mount Royal.
    • Indulge in a beaver tail and some warm maple taffy.
    • Dance away at the Igloofest.
    • Stay warm and museum hop.
    • Play at Fete des Neiges.
    • Wander around the markets.
    • Go underground.
    More items...

Dec 8, 2020

A Canadian Winter Wonderland: Things to Do in Montreal in ...

#42     Jan 12, 2021
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Hey Jem,

Since the start of the start of the Pandemic (about a year ago)...I've probably made about a dozen or so "blame" message posts about Canada's problems...from the government down to civilians in specific situations that had been in the news at that specific time of the month. I just don't need to start a thread about it...instead...prefer to post individual message posts in many different threads.

Yeah, at that specific time of the month...there was (still is) an issue with Americans crossing the borders when the borders are closed...some of them not quarantine, not testing or giving false destination information but are actually traveling on vacation or going to their 2nd home.

The government has been working hard to close those loopholes but I know money talks in a Pandemic...it will be extremely difficult to stop these loopholes. Yet, these aren't really complaints...I'm mainly pointing out the Covidiots involved.

The difference between you and I...I don't pretend Québec has no problem (can't do that...my girlfriend is a head nurse in a Québec hospital) and I don't pretend nor advocate a healthcare policy (e.g. Sweden) that I don't live in, I'm not Swedish citizen nor do I pretend Canada can achieve natural herd immunity as a distraction from issues in my own community involving Covidiots.
    • Another difference (the biggest) between us...I don't make nonsense message posts about issues not related to Covid-19. That's a game played by a loser that has the purpose to antagonize with issues about a culture he doesn't understand.
    Seriously, what's next from someone like you...Montreal Canadians hockey team. ??? Go for it if it gets you away from problems in your own community. :D
    Almost forgot, when I complain about people and their attitude towards Covid-19...I keep it to the countries I actually have citizenship and homes (United States, France and Québec).

In addition, there's a reason why I talk more about Québec than I do about Canada. Yet, not my concern to educate you about the problems between Québec and Canada.

Here's my latest issue although not really a complaint...an issue about what's designated as essential businesses...many strange designations.
    At least Floral shop owners don't have an issue with their customers thinking that the label of essential business means people don't wear face masks when shopping in a Floral shop as they thought about SAQ (liquor store) early in the Pandemic (I'm complained about Covidiots in SAQ stores last year too).

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    #43     Jan 12, 2021
  4. Told ja so.

Canada had absolutely no plan for vaccine other than putting its begging bowl out and if no one put anything in it, they would take it up the bo-bo.

They expended all their energy on watching and getting uppity with the Americans rather than doing some work and thinking that the virus would respect "their Canadian values."

Not to worry they are putting together a plan to get some from the Americans now that Biden is in office and probably that will work to some degree. It just makes the same point though, which is if someone puts something in the Canadian's begging bowl they have some, if not they don't.

Of course they are at least two steps away from getting any from us because Pfizer is behind bigtime in deliveries to Americans but Ontario's Premier Doug Ford (better known as Rob's brother) has a plan to get some of that. Good luck wit dat. I will leave it to Biden to splain why we are behind in vaccine deliveries and vaccinations but are going to make up for that by giving vaccines to the Canadians.

Canada is supposed to be setting up a Moderna production facility there but they are too spaced out from watching Trump day and night to get it up and going. Lost their focus. They should go to WHO and get one of the off-label chinese vaccines to hold them over for a while until they get serious about things.

Anyway, toldja so.

Read the article and the part with Doug Ford- he is definitely getting crispy around the edges.

Pfizer tells Canada it will not receive any Covid-19 vaccine doses next week
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/20/americas/pfizer-canada-vaccine/index.html

Hi, I am a Canadian. Unlike the Americans, I know all about covid and how to respond to it.

[​IMG]

#44     Jan 20, 2021
  5. #45     Jan 23, 2021
  6. jem

jem

I saw a post by a loser from Canada which contained a bunch of bullshit. Oddly, the author called me out but blocks me from reading his posts.
    So I did not catch it until I happened to be reading it on another browser.

What a completely non stand up thing to do.

My neighbors from Canada (when I lived back east) and the Canadians I knew when I was in school and the Candians I traveled through Central America with were stand up people.
    So I will not blame Canada.

#45     Jan 23, 2021
  7. Indeed.

There are a couple alleged Canadians here whose entire presence is committed to telling us about Canada and how Canadians are- yet many of us have been around the block enough and spent enough time in Canada to know that most Canadians would find them to be repugnant.

#46     Jan 23, 2021
  8. Probably y'all thought I was being too rough on Canada the other day when I said that they will be going to the Chinese with their begging bowl to get some vaccine before this is all over.

Don't be so sure. Their supply is very shaky and they contracted for some Astrazenica through the WHO covax global distribution program, and that supply is shaky too.

Meanwhile, China is asking the WHO to approve two of its vaccines for distribution and sale through the covax program. Of course the Chinese sort of have Africa, South America, and Indonesia in mind for markets but hey- Canadian beggars can't be choosy if things get bad enough. The Chinese would give the Canadians a good discount too to help make it a Chinese colony rather than an American colony and to try to buy their way out of the ill will from that Huwawei flap.

Canada's deliveries from COVAX join growing list of COVID-19 vaccine confusion
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...-list-of-covid-19-vaccine-confusion-1.5293498
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    #47     Feb 3, 2021
  9. Liberals beginning to take a hit in the polls up in Coronada due to their bungling of the covid response and ongoing failure to get more vaccine in their begging bowls.

Liberals taking a hit in the polls is their benchmark for when a pandemic is getting serious.

John Ivison: COVID vaccine woes hurting Liberal support among Canadians, poll finds
    The Abacus Data poll suggests if an election were held tomorrow, the Liberals would win 32% support, the Conservatives 31% and the NDP 18%

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/jo...ng-liberal-support-among-canadians-poll-finds

#48     Feb 4, 2021
  10. Yowser.

What's wrong with this picture class?

Not even Rear-Ender or Freddy Foreskin will step up and try to put lipstick on this pig.

Canada lost 213,000 jobs in January as lockdowns took a giant bite out of the job market
    Canada's economy lost 213,000 jobs in January, about five times more than what economists were expecting, as retail lockdowns forced more businesses to close their doors across the country.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-jobs-january-1.5902308

#49     Feb 5, 2021
    traderob and WeToddDid2 like this.
  11. Overnight

Overnight

The correct expression is "like putting perfume on a pig".

People, please stop saying "like putting lipstick on a pig.", or any variation thereof.

That bothers me. Thanks.

#50     Feb 5, 2021