Canada’s covid-19 second wave is a humbling moment after a summer of bragging

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TreeFrogTrader, Dec 22, 2020.

1. #31     Jan 5, 2021
  2. Trudeau taking it up the bo-bo for his failure to get the vaccines out.

As the Canadians and American lefties are finding out as they look at Canada and the UK and Europe, just not-being American and not being Trump does not get you there.

Let that be a lesson for you. Work more, watch Americans less, eh.

Trudeau ‘frustrated’ to hear COVID-19 vaccines are sitting ‘in freezers’ amid rollout

https://globalnews.ca/news/7555763/coronavirus-vaccine-canada-justin-trudeau/

#32     Jan 5, 2021
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

There are themes to your posts on Covid that have become absurd as this second wave has developed. You've lost all perspective on what the numbers clearly say, and refuse to accept what some of us have posted even when it's just numbers. In the summer, an argument could be made to wait and see what occurs and I accepted that. However, time has passed and numerous realities are quite clear now. The time for bs is over. Disparities of a factor of 4 or 5 cannot be dismissed based on technicalities. For example, who cares what Jem thinks about Canada when California hospitals ( not Ontario hospitals ) are the ones that are overflowing with Covid patients; new committees may have to decide soon how to triage who gets treated.

You can't have it both ways. You can't bring up Canadian charts and stats and then claim you don't care about Canada. If you don't want the disparities highlighted, don't bring up Canadian data at all.

#33     Jan 5, 2021
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Here in the Québec, Canada...we knew Québec would become a problem due to the popularity of our biggest city Montréal because of tourism from the United States and Europe.

In comparison, as someone that own homes in Québec, Chicago suburbs and South France...

I will rather be here in Québec with the Covid-19 problems instead of my other two residence locations and my favorite vacation place of South Dakota. These other locations...people are living in fear of Covid-19...knowing its too late to mask up and too late for social distancing (not my words...words from there) although they now need to do these critical health guidelines to prevent from really being fucked.

I'm many hours north of Montréal and things are almost normal like it has been throughout the Pandemic...all the stores I use are essential businesses. Anything I need fast can be order on Amazon and get it in 2 - 3 days via prime membership.
    • The noticeable difference is the school...my teenagers back home for remote learning until January 11th.
    In fact, the only bragging I heard about was in South Dakota until it was time for Sturgis motorcycle rally...within two weeks after that...no more bragging from relatives and friends.

P.S. Considering we have a lot of Covidiots and Trump conspiracy theorists running around here at Elitetrader.com, maybe this Pandemic is something that Amazon created so that it can become filthy rich...globalizing the need for its services. :D :rolleyes:

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    #34     Jan 5, 2021
  5. Canada is rated/assessed to be about tenth in the world now in regard to roll-out of vaccine.

So, the Canadian press takes the bull-moose by the horns and suddenly declares that there are all sorts of reasons why countries cannot be compared. Heh, wayyy to go idiots. Doesn't stop you on any other day, does it?

How does Canada's COVID-19 vaccine rollout compare to other countries?

Canada's COVID-19 vaccine rollout has been slow to gather momentum since it began weeks ago, causing some to wonder how other countries have shown such promising progress with their own immunization efforts in a shorter amount of time.

Expert say it may be tempting to compare numbers and time frames from international examples, but they warn that direct country comparisons are usually "fraught with error."

Dr. Sumon Chakrabarti, an infectious diseases physician in Mississauga, Ont., says Canada's vaccination efforts -- somewhere around 10th in the world in doses given per population after Wednesday -- "absolutely needs to improve."

"But it's barely fair to even compare between provinces let alone other countries," he said.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...-rollout-compare-to-other-countries-1.5257819

#35     Jan 8, 2021
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#36     Jan 8, 2021
  7. #37     Jan 8, 2021
  8. #38     Jan 8, 2021
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Canada having the same problems as Florida. Frontline medical staff are getting screwed.

Toronto nurses upset over COVID-19 vaccine access, allege frontline medical staff not being prioritized
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7565343/coronavirus-toronto-covid-19-vaccine-distribution/

Health-care workers are voicing their frustrations about the COVID-19 vaccine distribution. The most serious allegation is that frontline nurses and physicians aren’t being prioritized when it comes to getting vaccinated.

“It is incredibly frustrating and incredibly disheartening,” said a Toronto nurse who works in a COVID-19 intensive care unit, but who wishes to remain anonymous because she fears she could lose her job for speaking out.

“I have watched people get [the vaccine] who have not touched a patient in over a year-and-a-half… I have watched management get it. I have watched people who so deserve to get it not get it.”

Long-term care residents and staff have been prioritized in the province, followed by staff who interact with COVID-19 patients in hospitals and other health-care professionals. However, nurses at several different Toronto hospitals alleged this is not the case.

“The rollout of the vaccine was started in tiers as it should be, but they didn’t complete the full vaccinations of the initial tiers. The frontline staff working directly with COVID patients weren’t all done before it was opened up to all staff working with patients,” said another nurse who also asked to remain anonymous.

Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre confirmed it has four levels of staff who have been slotted to receive the vaccine.

“Frontline workers in high-risk areas remain our priority… administrative staff are in the fourth tier and will be the last to receive the vaccine,” said Craig DuHamel, the hospital’s vice president of communications.

Meanwhile, the Toronto East Health Network said it also has a priority list. It has vaccinated more than 50 per cent of its patient-facing staff, but admitted to offering the vaccine to others who work inside Michael Garron Hospital.

#39     Jan 9, 2021
  10. Indeed, but where we are apart is that your views and examples tend to be Florida-centric to work your larger agenda of everything being a manifestation of deficiencies on the right.

There are just endless complaints and allegations out of - for example- lefty Oregon- such that you could also say that "Canada is having the same problems as Oregon. Frontline medical staff are getting screwed." But yeh. like Florida in that regard, and like..Oregon. and like...
    California...and....and

Instead, let us be united in rejecting this bullshiite where-ever it occurs. The lefty states are fully capable of corrupting any distribution system along with people on the right. They are plenty good at it. Plenty.

Some Oregon hospitals vaccinating employees who may not qualify yet
    https://www.opb.org/article/2021/01/08/oregon-vaccines-coivd-19-hospitals-ohsu-providence/

Stanford doctors protest, voice concerns about their place in receiving COVID-19 vaccine

#40     Jan 9, 2021
    jem likes this.