Canada Q1 growth most in a decade - 6.1% - 2x USA growth

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Kassz007, May 31, 2010.

1. That's not entirely true, I have a friend that is paid by the Canadian government to translate for illegals inside Canada which are getting health care.

#31     Jun 2, 2010
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Laughable. Take a walk anywhere outside the core of Toronto. Nearly half of all apartments are Government-run Community Housing. Ever been inside? Nary a white face. All black or brown. Then visit the prolific Co-op town-homes. 90%+ Black or Brown. Then talk to immigrants. I grew up in Toronto, went to school in Halifax, and worked in the GTA for 10 years alongside all types of immigrants. I've had 3 close Indian friends whose families were all involved in fraud. One of my University buddies came from an upper-class Brahman family (father was a psychiatrist) and told me flat out, that we (Canadians) should have never let Indians into the country because they scam the system. Not a word of a lie. It's endemic. Most new (non-European) immigrants are involved in at least one of the following:

1) Don't work (collect welfare).
    2) Under-report taxable income (tax evasion).
    3) Abuse the safety net (healthcare etc).
    4) Commit Insurance Fraud (auto-insurance etc).
    5) Violent crime (mostly Jamaicans).

As a younger guy, I worked at a restaurant in the city. The owners wife (Turkish, new immigrant) visited the emergency room nearly 3 TIMES A MONTH.

Simply put, non-Europeans hold vastly different attitudes towards welfare. Their attitude is TAKE. Granted, a lot of them are good workers. But a lot of them under-report their taxable income (work under the table), commit insurance fraud, and abuse the system. Indians are notorious for #2,3,4. Even at that one restaurant, THREE of my co-workers at one time or another (Turkish) committed insurance fraud. The owner didn't take any receipts, didn't issue tax returns, every one was paid cash, with gambling machines in the store. If you're in the City, walk down St Clair Avenue West sometime. Nearly every store is all-cash, no receipts. A lot of the bars and restaurants operate illegal gambling machines in plain-sight. It's a joke. Try finding anyone in the GTA who speaks coherent, fluent English. Most don't! How do these people support themselves and, more importantly, contribute to society??? Think about it. I befriended a welfare fraud investigator who visited the restaurant. He told me over the course of a few years, one Government town-home community (of ~300 units. To give perspective, nation-wide, Canada has some 400,000 Government-sponsored housing units) had racked up nearly 50 MILLION DOLLARS in welfare fraud. Women driving new cars claiming their husbands left them when the man lived in the basement (both collecting welfare checks and housing). Women habitually pregnant to stay on the dole. How many white faces did I see there? A few. Most of them were mentally handicapped. The overwhelming majority? Black or Brown. There's a reason Ontarians pay nearly 70 cents of every tax dollar in healthcare and our insurance premiums are some of the highest in the world.

Most immigrants are a net-drain on the system, just like illegals in the US. The economic argument is pure junk floated by Bureaucrats who want to create a backstop for endless Government. Immigrants always vote for more handouts, more freebies and more taxes. That's the rub. Politicians know that and open the floodgates to the Third Worlders, just like the Democrats are doing for illegals in the United States. It's nothing more than a backstop for huge Government to give these career politicians, Life-Long job security (at the expense, of bankrupting us).

Canada doesn't need more non-European immigrants. Anyone that comes here, WORKS, pays their fair share, abides the law and doesn't abuse the social net...GREAT. LET THEM IN.

Unfortunately, most abuse our generosity, in one form of another. And then people like you and I - the honest, hard-working types - are forced to carry their water. Nope.

#32     Jun 2, 2010
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Try befriending new immigrants for 6-12 months. Then find out what they're up to. In my experience, MANY abuse the system. And I've lived here all my life, mostly, in the Toronto area that is home to most new immigrants.

#33     Jun 2, 2010
  4. achilles28

achilles28

That's right. Even new immigrants that just *apply* for residency, citizenship or refugee status get healthcare. Meanwhile, it can often take year(s) before new immigrants become citizens. Who cares, right? It's "free", afterall.

#34     Jun 2, 2010
  5. Nobody figured it out because it simply isn't true.

#35     Jun 2, 2010
  6. The freeloaders in the City of Toronto do not represent the majority of Canadians. City of toronto is less than 10% the total population. I know what you are saying but freeloading on the system is done by white europeans too and outside the GTA.

#36     Jun 2, 2010
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Agreed. But nowhere near the extent as non-European (or Japanese/Korean). Outside of the G8, it's a totally different culture. There's nothing racist about it. Think how messed up Western countries are. Asians and the middle east are notoriously xenophobic to outsiders and the liberals say nothing. Try getting a Israeli citizenship as foreign-born Christian. Yet we're supposed to open the floodgates to every third worlder that wants a hand-out?? Think about how warped and intellectually bankrupt that is. The real answer to global poverty is the promotion of stable government, currency, courts and private property rights. The G8 didn't fall into ass-backwards into a pile of cash. Our ancestors built the framework around English common law, military independence, morals and work ethic. Wealth can be replicated. It's not zero sum. All these backward countries need to get their shit together. Of course, it's by design their leaders rule over a cesspool. The strangling of creative market forces is intentional to stave off upward mobility. Easier to control serfs than lords. That's not our problem, though. These people need to have their own civil wars, just like America did. Open door immigration is just a steam valve for countries that otherwise would revolt and form market democracies.

#37     Jun 2, 2010
  8. With all due respect, your opinion is based on your personal experiences and anecdotal evidence. I appreciate the fact that you know many immigrants in the GTA who are abusing the system, but I am not convinced it's indicative of the majority of immigrants across the country.

My personal experience tells a different story. I work with a few Indian immigrants who are accountants. Hard work, tax paying citizens.

Let's look at the big picture. Canada's indigenous population is shrinking due to baby boomers dieing. Birth rates are not keeping up with death rates of boomers. How can we possibly keep our economy running at the same pace with less people?

Three options:

1. Productivity gains
    2. Canadian families having more children
    3. More immigrants

Number one just isn't happening quick enough (yet anyways), number two is not realistic given western culture, so the only real viable option at the moment is to encourage immigration. What we need are hard-working, tax paying immigrants, to replace the ageing population.

Only time will tell how it all plays out.

#38     Jun 2, 2010
  9. kashirin

kashirin

actually Canadian government - doesn't want families to have more children and even discourages that

why not to spend money they spend on refuges and immigrants to create free or affordable childcare
    currently it costs $800-1000 for one child so woman have to stay at home
    if they could unload their children to affordable childcare they could work instead of being house wives
    and 3-4 children families won't be an exception

also quite curious that Canadian health care system is not free for people who have problems having children and costs are huge

and a lot of other things to think about - probably less police would be needed if we had less immigrants from Jamaica, for example and those people instead of policing could do something useful

But for Canadian government it's easier to bring an adult immigrant than think about Canadian children

#39     Jun 2, 2010
  10. Please show me one shred of proof or fact that suggests the Canadian government discourages families from having children. Or that they somehow prefer immigration to Canadian children.

Also, how many stay at home housewives do you know now a days? Not very many. I don't think you thought your post through.

#40     Jun 3, 2010