Canada arrests CFO of China's Huawei Technologies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dealmaker, Dec 6, 2018.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Actually China is sending a message - if you arrest our well-known citizens on trumped up bullshiat we can also arrest your well-known citizens on trumped up bullshiat.

#31     Dec 12, 2018
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

[​IMG]

This is the best they could come up with:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-u...ions-cover-up-hearing-adjourned-idUKKBN1O60FY

VANCOUVER/LONDON (Reuters) - Huawei Technologies Co Ltd’s chief financial officer faces U.S. accusations that she covered up her company’s links to a firm that tried to sell equipment to Iran despite sanctions, a Canadian prosecutor said on Friday, arguing against giving her bail while she awaits extradition.

#32     Dec 12, 2018
  3. JSOP

JSOP

So this is "an eye for an eye" North Korea tactic? LOL I thought China is different. Guess not. And tbh I've never known Huawei much except seeing some real estate listing photos with the tacky mark "Huawei 2.0" in the corner taken by some cheap agents. Always thought Huawei is just some cheap google clone phone. LOL

#33     Dec 12, 2018
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

China has now arrested a second Canadian citizen, businessman Michael Spavor, on trumped up charges. China is applying the lesson that two can play this game. I will note that China has used tit-for-tat retaliation for years; this is nothing new.

#34     Dec 13, 2018
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

Canadian Captured

China has detained a second Canadian in a possible escalation of the tensions between the two countries since Canada arrested Huawei finance chief Meng Wanzhou on behalf of the United States. CBC.

#35     Dec 13, 2018
  6. #36     Dec 13, 2018
  7. JSOP

JSOP

LOL China always has to get the upper hand in everything, even in detaining people. You detain 1, I detain 2!! All for a maker of the cheap google-clone phone. LOL Well now we know why China is dominating the world. It's because of its competitive spirit in everything. LOL

#37     Dec 13, 2018
  8. dealmaker

dealmaker

[​IMG]
    Huawei fires employee arrested in Poland over alleged spying
    [​IMG]
    Huawei doesn't want further whiffs of suspicion around its motivations, even in cases where it's not directly implicated. The Chinese tech giant has fired Weijing Wang, an employee arrested in Poland over spying allegations despite security officials saying the espionage wasn't directly tied to Huawei. (Engadget)

#38     Jan 14, 2019
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

Huawei Denials

Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei has denied claims that his company provides an espionage conduit for the Chinese government. Ren's daughter, Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou, was arrested in Canada last month over alleged sanctions-busting, and Huawei just sacked an employee who was arrested on spying charges in Poland. Ren: "I support the Communist party, but I will never do anything to harm any country in the world." Financial Times

#39     Jan 15, 2019
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

Huawei Latest

U.S. authorities are probing Huawei for allegedly stealing trade secrets from T-Mobile U.S. and other companies. The T-Mobile matter has already been the subject of a civil suit. An indictment could reportedly come soon. Meanwhile, U.S. lawmakers are warning that Huawei solar panels could post a threat to the U.S. grid. South China Morning Post

#40     Jan 17, 2019