Canada arrests CFO of China's Huawei Technologies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dealmaker, Dec 6, 2018.

1. JSOP

JSOP

That's not a chess move. That's a bully move picking on somebody not your own size. Anybody can bully. LOL Oh well we see China's true color now behind the facade of "we are peaceful and we never want to invade anybody". Yes China might be "peaceful" but it certainly does not respect the Law. But anyway I want to see the Huawei bitch's ass in America damn it!! This is what's most important, Huawei on trial for Fraud!!!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    #21     Dec 11, 2018
  2. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

#22     Dec 11, 2018
  3. JSOP

JSOP

Yeah at the expense of Canada. Would've been more proud of him if he could do this all on his own merit though.

#23     Dec 11, 2018
  4. China has one of Canada's former diplomats which they are incapable of doing anything about so they are not the poor babies and victims of the big bad Americans just yet.

The Americans will mix the Canadian diplomats circumstances into the picture along with China's other misdeeds and he might suddenly reappear. Unless anyone thinks that Justin Trudeau's beating his chest and crowing about "Canadian values and multiculturalism" will cause the Chinese wise up.

#24     Dec 12, 2018
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I don't think that China will "wise up". China's arrest of the former Canadian diplomat is a warning to both Canada and U.S. about what will come next. The moment this lady is extradited to the U.S. - China will surely arrest multiple high profile business people present in China. The message is that two can play this game.

#25     Dec 12, 2018
  6. Hope that works out for their economic numbers, cause that's what they love best. Otherwise they start getting more flexible than they planned on. Same for trump.

#26     Dec 12, 2018
  7. JSOP

JSOP

China right now is flexing its "strong and prosperous" muscle to see how far it can go before the West does anything. China needs to be careful. You don't want to flex it too much. No country stays rich forever. You don't want to make too many enemies when you are at the top or seemingly at the top. China's companies are not just confined to the US and Canada; they are global countries spread all around the world. The whole world is watching. China wants to act like North Korea? Fine. The whole world would just take note and make the necessary adjustment for future interactions. That detaining of that Canadian ex-diplomat was a dick move and a dumb move.

#27     Dec 12, 2018
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

But Trump started it though.... You think the world is going to side with us on this?

#28     Dec 12, 2018

9. Best way to avoid conflict is to just ask iran, north korea, cuba, and china, canada, and mexico what they want us to do and then just do that- as was Obama's approach.

#29     Dec 12, 2018
  10. JSOP

JSOP

Why not? China just detained somebody for no reason, to unknown location, without any stated charge, with no arrest warrants, no hearing, not allowing him to legal counsel, no consular access. China is violating his basic human rights in every single way. If they can do that to a Canadian, besides American, they can do this to anybody as long as they are not pleased with something. So what are you going to do from now on? Walking on tippy toe with China and say goodbye to our freedom and values and our laws and rules? Because anything you say or do, you can risk having your own country's people getting kidnapped. Today China is punishing Canada because Canada helped US, so tomorrow what happens when France did something that China didn't like? Is France going to have to worry about any of its French citizens in China disappearing for no reason?

China is not doing this to target Canada anymore; it's sending a message to the whole world saying "I can bully you anytime doing whatever I want whenever I am pissed so forget about your democracy or freedom or values or laws, it's my way or the highway. You better do what I say or your people gets it. Canada is an example." The world would not side with USA when China is getting rich making money beating USA in technology but the world will side with USA if China is bullying an innocent third-party country.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    #30     Dec 12, 2018