Can Your Broker See Your Trading Screen Without Remotely Logging In

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by USDJPY, Apr 23, 2020.

1. USDJPY

USDJPY

Just wondering if I need to worry about my broker backtesting my setups. Can he see my trade screen?

2. FTDK

FTDK

You really think brokerages are going through everyone's screen back testing their setups? :banghead:

nillionaire, SanMiguel and dealmaker like this.
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

rest assured they can not not do they care.

4. maxinger

maxinger

In general, brokers are not interested in what you are trading because most traders are not earning money

Fx-Game likes this.
  5. qaz

qaz

This is a hunch. Newer brokers that sell order flow has built in functionality in their shiny new trading platform that allows the MM to view the order that you are about to place. Done to ensure lightning fast executions.

6. Fx-Game

Fx-Game

No, at least Not on desktop software.

The only information that is send to your brokers server is the take Profit, stop loss, and of course at which price you bought.
    Also pending orders + details.

However, on web browser software he is theoretically able to see all of your indicators, setups, etc.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  7. speedo

speedo

Yes but the broker knows which are and which aren't. That said, OP it's a non issue.

8. xandman

xandman

They probably notice very profitable traders, but know them to be statistical anomalies. The eventual reversion to the mean (blow up) is what they worry about.

9. speedo

speedo

:rolleyes:

10. Girija

Girija

Why is the concern as long as you are doing everything legit. It is fairly easy to catch suspicious trade. Don't do it.

#10     Apr 23, 2020