Can you trade just on feel

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bluegar3, Mar 5, 2007.

1. ammo

ammo

if you watch any instrument for 2 days you can get a feel for how it moves,oil has a .75 intra day trading range, 59.75 to 60.50 then 60.25 to 61,something like that ,when you put any trade on even with all your reasons,you watch it and soon have a good or bad feeling about your position,you intuitively can feel momemtum,just like in a sporting event you can see one team pick up momemtum and come from behind or one team lead and never trail,same with the bulls and bears ,2 teams battling it out,trouble is you listen to all the outside static,fear ,greed ,cnbc analysts and it dillutes your feel

#31     Mar 6, 2007
  2. I love to process information from as many different inputs as possible and analyze them when trading (that's when the market is open, when it is closed I run the numbers through complicated spreadsheet formulas that I've cobbled together over the years).

But when it all is said and done, trades most definitely will have a feel when you enter them, as well as the individual market you are trading has a feel, which by watching it, you can become familiar with.

Many traders have mentioned at how the markets speeded-up on the day of (and since) the drop.

Good trading,

JJ

#32     Mar 6, 2007