Can you trade just on feel

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bluegar3, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Drew07

Drew07

#21     Mar 5, 2007

2. Ditto

#22     Mar 5, 2007
  3. Dude, I trade on smell!

#23     Mar 5, 2007
  4. Soros would get in ASAP and then post-justify the position - speed was the essence. A pain in his back would tell him to get out or reverse.

I don't know him personally, I might add.

#24     Mar 6, 2007

5. That's nothing. I trade with taste...:p

#25     Mar 6, 2007
  6. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

And just by feel use pivot points...your feeling will be more comfortable

#26     Mar 6, 2007
  7. I read the article about Soros and his back too. Basically, you get instincts -- your subconscious mind is processing all of the information that took years for you to work thru and make sense out of.

For example, I recently started trading futures. Most people would think I'm an idiot because I'm basically only using daily and hourly charts along with various sentiment indicators I track. However, I'm only looking for 1 or 2 big trades a day. I'm still in the early stages of this but I was very good at "forecasting" daily moves in the market so I wanted to see if this would work trading futures. We'll see how it goes but I'm going against a lot of "conventional" wisdom on how you should trade. Nevertheless, I'm a firm believer than "conventional wisdom" is usually wrong and that you have to develop your own way of trading.

#27     Mar 6, 2007
  8. chartie

chartie

:p :cool: :D

#28     Mar 6, 2007

9. lol :D :p

#29     Mar 6, 2007
  10. cf4456

cf4456

I think that everyone is different but look at warren, he has some type of intuition that helps him trade. As he says, "some people were born to help others etc... I was wired to know the market."

#30     Mar 6, 2007