Can you trade by price action alone?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by slipchamber, Nov 25, 2011.

1. ammo

ammo

the smaller you go,the stickier it gets,heres a 2yr 3day chart,sort of a half week chart,the ovals below ffidays close give a lot more points to stop and bounce off of only to be met with a nearby one,same thing,so it gets a lot choppier,meaning more trades and an increased chance of losses,closer points mean smaller profits

#31     Nov 26, 2011
  2. ammo

ammo

yes,they are marked,it goes from nip to cleavage and then on to next nip or return to previous nip,sometimes ledge

#32     Nov 26, 2011
  3. ammo

ammo

color coded the ovals in that example move

#33     Nov 26, 2011
  4. Al Brooks = Anekdotten = Jack Hershey = NoDoji

They're all the same person :D

#34     Nov 26, 2011
  5. That does not make any sense. I think you mean indicators. The price and money flow right now will ALWAYS tell you what is happening, because it is real and is really happening.

#35     Nov 26, 2011
  6. ammo

ammo

short term we stopped in that 115.90-115.25 cleavage,we can fill the lower edge(115.25) and return to the upper x or drop to the lower x,so you wait for the mrkt to give you a direction and ride the bus to the next stop,oversimplified,but the chart maps out the destinations,timing the entry ,risk management,and holding to target are trading tools needed to be programmed into your brain

#36     Nov 26, 2011
  7. Trading off PA alone with no prior knowledge of market action is nonsense put around by idiots.

#37     Nov 26, 2011
  8. Price action alone. Not a good idea.

Price action, with some context, market structure knowledge, and some math is a great idea.

What I find comical is that the one time I do post a chart you think I'm using slight of hand when my entries and exits are right on the damn chart lol. Thats fine, I won't post any charts . Next time if I do ,I'll just take a picture with me holding my broker statement up next to my face. That should make sure and let everyone know I'm a true winner and serve my ego really well shouldn't it?

#38     Nov 26, 2011
  9. Okay ill short 3k shares of this 1day chart with NO care of prior "market action" because this is happening

#39     Nov 26, 2011
  10. Actually what I find comical is that you must go through the trouble of annotating your entries and exits when almost every package does it for you automatically.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

:D

#40     Nov 26, 2011