Can you still go prop at Genesis

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ChrisMMM, Oct 16, 2007.

1. I'm very interested in Genesis mainly because of their awesome API and very very very low commission rates. I recently called Genesis and it seemed as if they weren't accepting any prop traders unless you are doing like 6 mil +. well that ain't my volume so really the only other option is to go retail, but that's kinda a problem...

Genesis offers horrible EOD cash balances, and doesn't pay any interest on short positions. That kinda kills my strategy of being market neutral (long and short) in 2 different stocks or simple in Cash. So really the only option would then be to put a sizeable sum of stock (long) to get enough margin for intraday trading (mostly what i'm interested in), but I generally dont' like to assume that much risk, begin 100% long.

If they'd still offer prop sign ups, where I won't have to tie up a ton of captial... then i'd be glad to move forward

2. timcar

timcar

Looks like Genesis falls under the category of "no frills" Prop firm.
    Guess they say hey we got great low low commission rates but absolutely no other good reasons for a trader to open an account with them.