Can You Spot the Difference Between the Candidates?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Seriously? Gary but has all but dropped out of the race. LOL. Come on man. No can do on that. Hell, to be honest, even if he had 100 million in his campaign he probably would not win the nomination.

Gee DAS, by that stupid logic I guess Daffy Duck could win the nomination if enough people voted for him as a write in. LOL. Thanks for clarifying with me though that you agree that Paul will not get the nomination. Now we are can move forward. It's funny how money clarifies things isn't it? That's what I love about markets. People are complicated, money is not.

#21     Oct 28, 2011
  2. So you admit RP has more of a chance of winning then Gary Johnson. Progress. As to his treatment, the establishment doesn't like Libertarians, what do you expect? If Gary is smart, he will rethink his humanitarian war stance because if he does that he stands to inherit a ton of real support.

Daffy Duck is not on the ballot as far as I am aware. You are right, money does clarify...which is why I tout RP's fundraising as real support. You seem to selectively apply this criteria.

Ok, since you think Gary Johnson has no chance against Dr Paul (and so have chosen not to vote for him) in the primary who's your backup? Which other GOP candidate best represents you?

#22     Oct 28, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

No candidate best represents me. And to be fair, I don't know that having the candidate that best represents "me" would be best for the country. I do want to see Obama out of office. And I would like to see the best candidate get the nomination who could achieve that goal.

And DAS, i'm not trying to lecture you here, but there is an old saying that goes something like this, "there is no right or wrong in politics, there is only popular opinion". You seem to believe in some absolute truth. You keep implying someone's position is "wrong". There is no wrong. you don't have any more answers then anybody else. History has taught us that the most damage to the world is usually done by men that believe they are right with no exception. Humility is a good thing DAS. Just remember that.

#23     Oct 28, 2011
  4. That is rather slippery of you Agent Starling~Hannibal Lecter (since you are so fond of quoting movies to make your points).

Your take is wrong; there is one absolute truth in American politics: The Constitution. Do you know how I know this? Because before taking office, our representatives have to raise their right hand and swear to support and defend it. Why do you suppose they do that?

History is an excellent teacher indeed, and we as a nation should pay attention...because we have become that which we once fought to get away from. Time to clean house. Ron Paul is the only one guaranteed to break out the vacuum.

Out of curiosity, since no other candidate represents you, will you be voting this go 'round?

#24     Oct 28, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Our constitution is interpreted by the Supreme Court of the United States of America sir. Which means it's open to interpretation by the courts. If it was black and white, we would not need a Supreme Court now would we?

I will not vote in the primary. I will vote in the general election. Since I don't live in a swing state, I usually vote 3rd party to give support to the movement since once day I might need it. If I did not live in a swing state, I would vote for whoever the candidate was whose last name is not Obama.

#25     Oct 28, 2011
  6. The fact that the SCOTUS bases it's ruling on its interpretation of that document only proves my point. Not sure what point you are trying to make here.

For someone who spends a great deal of time in Politics (and Religion), you sure seem to have a hands off approach (not voting in the primaries means you are not contributing to the process). Not sure I agree with the logic behind it but it is your right to employ your algo as you see fit.

#26     Oct 28, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

If something is open to interpretation then it cannot be a fact now can it?

The IL primary is March 20, 2012. The process will most likely be over by then and it usually is.

And DAS, I hate to break this to you bud, but I trade for a living and over 2/3 of my posts are in the trading forums. You should head up north once in a while and contribute to the trading threads. Being that this is a trading forum and all.

#27     Oct 28, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

That's kinda what I thought.

#28     Oct 28, 2011
  9. I think you are confused as to what the Constitution really is. It is a living breathing document which can be changed. It is not a fact, it is the basis for our laws. Maybe that's why SCOTUS interprets it instead of, say, scientists.

So why bother? Sorry but that is a truly sad stance. Still, it is your right either to participate or stand on the sidelines.

Fair enough.

#29     Oct 28, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Do you vote for your city council? Mayor? School board? Alderman? Do you vote in every single election in your state, county, city, township and local school?

#30     Oct 28, 2011