Can You Sell Short In IB IRA Account

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by restino, Feb 6, 2007.

1. dcvtss

dcvtss

Your question has already been answered in this thread, the problem is you're too damn dense to realise it. It's pretty clear that you don't know what futures are, how they are traded or settled, what a performance bond is etc. Why don't you just save time and light your money on fire instead of trying to trade them?

I know what an IRA is I have one and I know if I had a question about how it worked I would probably ask it somewhere besides an internet forum, but that's just me. The information that I provided in my post which I found on the IB website answers your questions, I don't know why you are getting so worked up. If I came off as curt, I'm sorry, it's just that this site is called Elite Trader not Beginner trader who can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes on his/her brokers website looking for information they need and instead posts stupid questions that could be answered with a modicum of effort on the part of the poster.

Good luck with your blowout.

#21     Feb 7, 2007
  2. restino

restino

lol, and here comes the circus members...

Just more useless answers.

I've proven my point better then you will ever see and it was all in 2 days. I'm faster at getting anywhere then any of you.

Everyone is laughing at him and you guys now - deservedly.

If this is the common responses here then no wonder it takes forever to get to the points. Have the rest of you ever seen the responses on this site and how long it takes to get answers.

Good lord!

Notice how I get to the point fast.

Other then those 3 clowns, thanks to all for your help and private messages about them. Yes, they are useless, I agree.

#22     Feb 7, 2007
  3. restino

restino

And what have you to say about his misleading statement given that he is an IB rep?

$4000 or $5000 to open an account?

No comment. I figured as much.

"Oh it's ok that he makes statements that are wrong. It's not what he says, its just that he t r i e s h i s b e s t..."

My main question was answered by an actual users. Would have been nice to get IB to confirm it, instead of many, including him, piling on about how I need to do this or do that, and blowing my account (lol you wish - I TAKE your cash daily and you know - thank you).

You few typify the general public and customer service reps. useless, lame, lousy and non-informative.

#23     Feb 7, 2007
  4. Give it a rest restino.

#24     Feb 7, 2007
  5. Geez.

Just use ANOTHER BROKER if you are pissed at IB!

There are plenty out there. Save yourself some grief.

Those of us that appreciate all that IB gives us, will, somehow, struggle on without you... :cool:

#25     Feb 7, 2007
  6. Thanks!

#26     Feb 7, 2007