Can you say braindead flaming moonbats?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TGregg, Mar 16, 2008.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Having read the Quote from Rev. Wright that TGREGG posted, i am struck by how deadly accurate is most of what the reverend said. Of course some of it is obviously a little nuts such as the remark concerning aids.

Rev. Wrights remarks raise awareness that racism among black Americans is as rampant, or more so, than among whites.

Personally, i believe Obama to be the best candidate and i plan to vote for him. I don't find anything in Obama's remarks to suggest he is a racist. Just the opposite in fact. I like his positions on the major issues.

#51     Mar 18, 2008
  2. Well... I'm not sure I'd agree that most of what he says is deadly accurate. The problem is, once he claims that AIDS is an American invention, you have to take everything else he says with that in mind.

Obama's problem is that he didn't have the strength of mind to take a firm stand against the whack-job ideas of the Reverend before someone else brought all of this to light. It indicates a bit of political naivete at best. You have to imagine the conversations between the two of them in their living rooms, long before Obama was the Democratic nominee. When the Reverend said that AIDS was an American invention, did Obama just nod his head? Does he believe it?

#52     Mar 18, 2008
  3. wright is more credible than war mongering porker John Hagee whom McCain embraces. Hagee is doing everything he can to whip up war fervor to nuke the middle east.

then you have Hillary channeling the spirit of Eleanor Roosevelt.

end of story.

fyi, obama's withdrawal plan allows for leaving behind 80,000 troops for perpetual occupation. oh.. and so does Hillary's.

bottom line, it is more of the same.. no change here people. just a new shafting.

#53     Mar 18, 2008
  4. Gord

Gord

First Obama claimed he was ignorant of Wright's extreme positions. This raises a serious question of honesty and competance. If Obama did not know that his pastor was an America bashing racist after attending the church for twenty years, how could we possibly trust him to be competent enough to be president?

If Barack did in fact know, his judgment comes into question, and again he is not fit to be president.

But now Obama has admitted that he in fact did know that his pastor, mentor, councilor and friend is an America bashing racist. Obama is now not only an incompetent, but a liar as well.

Not only is he not fit for the presidency, he should resign in disgrace from his senate seat and apologize to the American people - and to his children for knowingly exposing them to that sort of hate.

#54     Mar 18, 2008
  5. This is a really, really good post.

Quoted for posterity.

P.S. - Pabst, you are indeed correct. It was Falwell, and not Pat Robertson, that I was referring to. Robertson is nearly as loony. I'm not sure if he's 90% or 95% of the way to Falwell-Land.

I wish more people of faith were contemplative and moderate. I admire the Methodist and Unitarian faiths as they seem to be intellectually genuine, do not fear-monger, and don't seek to emphasize differences among others.

#55     Mar 18, 2008
  6. piezoe

piezoe

Agreed, one obvious overstatement, let alone one that is obviously erroneous, can destroy credibility.

I don't consider this Wright business of any importance whatsoever with regard to selecting the best candidate. I consider it to be just more of the usual media hyperbole and sensationalism aimed at an anti-intellectual America.

I am very impressed with Obama. His background in Constitutional Law and as a community organizer as well as his legislative experience makes him highly qualified in comparison with many others who have run for President. And wouldn't it be a pleasure to have an articulate President. I don't dislike either McCain or Clinton, but McCain is too old to be President and he refuses to recognize that when you are in a wrong war you don't improve things by staying in it. (He also does not recognize that we can not afford this war, and that it has made us less secure from terrorist attacks, not more secure. Finally he does not understand that the problem we created in Iraq does not have a military solution.)

#56     Mar 18, 2008
  7. Gord

Gord

Wow! You are "very impressed" with a candidate who has lied about the most important issue facing him in this campaign, and deliberately exposed his kids to hate speech and racism throughout their lives!?!

What would it take to turn you off? :confused:

#57     Mar 18, 2008
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

1) I was thinking the same thing.

2) I'm guessing just about anyone or anything remotely conservative.

#58     Mar 19, 2008
  9. Gord

Gord

Sad but probably true... :(

#59     Mar 19, 2008