Can you recommend a course on trading psychology?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by JerryTheTrader, Oct 28, 2021.

1. maxinger

maxinger

u are right mister.

it might not work at all even after we try very very hard.
    at this stage, we should give up trading totally, and do other things.

#51     Nov 22, 2021
  2. Andrew_87

Andrew_87

I don't think we should give up right away, we can take a break and make a fresh start again after a while.

#52     Nov 26, 2021
  3. Trying to separate emotions from a human is like telling him not to breathe. The problem is not emotions but the way we handle it. Setting out some rules and guidelines can help a trader at a time when the psychological crunch comes. When traders try to contain their emotions and exercise discipline, they automatically learn to balance their emotions over a course of time.

#53     Nov 30, 2021
    volpri, comagnum and murray t turtle like this.
  4. As for a course specifically not so much .
    Book wise Mark Douglas "Trading in the Zone " and "mental game of trading " I highly recommend

#54     Dec 6, 2021
    kamrynstroud likes this.
  5. %%
    Good repeatin' pattern. Specifics i was looking for = profits + persistant profits, so Jack Schwager top traders books helped.
    Monthly candle charts+ other time frames\50dma helped, helped even more....................................................................................................:caution::caution:

#55     Dec 6, 2021
  6. Developing a strong psychology is very important because without it, even the best of trading methods can’t do any good. I’ve never taken any psychology related course but have read this book “Sway: The irresistible pull of irrational behaviour”. This book talks about some very common topics and some issues which you might be completely unaware of but the way these issues are explained by taking real world examples, makes it an interesting read.

#56     Dec 8, 2021
  7. mikeriley

mikeriley

Effective strategy development and application for behavior modification
    never comes from a book, but from you. 10 minutes of consistent
    meditative trading rehearsal before the market opens will improve
    your subconscious conditioning.

#57     Dec 28, 2021
    comagnum likes this.
  8. Good points;
    plenty of work +price data+ plenty of market study may help.
    Investing may help\a five minute noise chart may not help @ all.
    NOT a prediction or demo derby..........................................................................

#58     Dec 29, 2021
  9. IamaMars

IamaMars

As far as I concerned there are plenty of online courses which can help you to sort out with your psychology, nevertheless I was always convinced that nothing would help you without your personal desire. You know, that psychology is such a thing which is in our mind. If we will learn how to sort out in our mind, then we don't need any courses.
    I believe that you have to understand yourself first, and only then when you will notice that there are no changes you can apply to specialized courses, however there are lots of scamming courses where coaches will tell you something that you know on your own. So, here you have to be pretty careful with such courses.

#59     Dec 30, 2021
    mikeriley likes this.
  10. A trading psychology course can’t be a quick fix. It’s a long term experiment which can only be learnt through practicing good trading habits. I’ve seen that in most of the psychology courses you’ll find how a bad mindset can kill your performance. It’s like letting you be aware of the problem so that you don’t repeat it. We can do that without a course as well.

#60     Dec 31, 2021