Can you recommend a course on trading psychology?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by JerryTheTrader, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Top quality of successful trader
    the amount of growth after doing this is remarkable.

#41     Nov 4, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. I say exactly the same about Tendler. Practical steps that you can implement and fix your problems.

#42     Nov 4, 2021
    damnpenguins likes this.
  3. Good post by fan27.

I have read all the books. The reality is that what I thought was psychological was an incomplete approach / process.

I have had paid sessions with Andrea Wylan, Mandi Pour Rafsendjani, and Dr. Kenneth Reid. All of them were worth it as I picked up something from all of them -- and worth much more than any books.

Still, the gaps in my approach / process needed to be fixed. Once I did that, it all came together. By no means am I automated, but I now have 5 factors that define my approach / process which I can describe to anyone (without getting into all the details of how I determine those factors). It took many years to get to this point. I'm still a flawed human and sometimes I don't fully trust it and I can still get in my own way or make a mistake but the psychological demons that used to overcome me are pretty much restrained.

#43     Nov 5, 2021
    Leob and fan27 like this.
  4. Leob

Leob

You can't be in emotion state and not act emotionally. Same as you can't drink alcohol and decide to stay sober.
    If you had to make decisions and you believe in your adge, you in alert mode. In alert mode your performance should be at the peak, naturally, in the cognitive level.
    If you are a jet fighter you believe that in the end of the day, using those routine you practice over and over, those routine are your tools, and your mind will "help you" to execute those routines correctly.
    Because when you believe your will serve those believes.
    And don't get me worng, "Trading In The Zone" is a must read book.

#44     Nov 6, 2021
  5. Though I struggled a lot in the past with my trading psychology, I never took any trading course for that. I think it’s a field that can not be taught, rather developed through repetition of good trading habits. I worked on that and have successfully seen improvement in myself.

#45     Nov 9, 2021
  6. I think that the trading psychology depends on the trader’s mindset, there is no as such course according to me, you need to develop your mind in such a way that it doesn’t let you go off the track.

#46     Nov 11, 2021
  7. deaddog

deaddog

How do you propose a trader do that?

#47     Nov 11, 2021
  8. GotherL

GotherL

Don't waste your time on pschology courses it isn't gonna change your mental discipline in trading.

It's fixed from a young age and become near impossible to change without life changing circumstances.

In the end, you may realize your mistakes, but still end up repeating them.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    #48     Nov 22, 2021
  9. maxinger

maxinger

That is exactly why we need
    psychology course / mind management / mind exercise /
    mind cleansing ...

to address the subconscious mind problem so as to be mindful/centered.

The solution is there. but we have to try very hard to
    manage our subconscious mind problem.

#49     Nov 22, 2021
    damnpenguins and Leob like this.
  10. GotherL

GotherL

Trying very hard often leads to failure esp when it comes to self-improvement.

#50     Nov 22, 2021